Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

So stressed and confused 26th Jan -2nd Feb!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@simonx, Austria's your oyster! Or so I'm lead to believe, very excited now I've seen through the clouds. Flights nearly as cheap, transfers as quick, change is good. Lots of info on recent posts, use search on Snowheads
@Frosty the Snowman, Suspected so for one week. Will look out for you
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
simonx wrote:
Any Austrian options for long weekend?

Fairly easy to get to some places, but when I've looked in the past usefully-timed flights have been the problem. Innsbruck is a short transfer to lots of resorts, but isn't well served by evening flights (or wasn't in the past, anyway). We've done Friedrichshafen before and then drive (or train?) to St Anton. Also Zurich is pretty easy to use to get to Western Austria. There are loads of flights into Munich, so that's probably a good option if you're happy to drive or taxi (but doesn't work so well for train).
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ChrisWo wrote:
simonx wrote:
Any Austrian options for long weekend?

Fairly easy to get to some places, but when I've looked in the past usefully-timed flights have been the problem. Innsbruck is a short transfer to lots of resorts, but isn't well served by evening flights (or wasn't in the past, anyway). We've done Friedrichshafen before and then drive (or train?) to St Anton. Also Zurich is pretty easy to use to get to Western Austria. There are loads of flights into Munich, so that's probably a good option if you're happy to drive or taxi (but doesn't work so well for train).

Some decent train options from Munich - Soll / Ski welt, Kitzbuhel and surrounds all within 2 hours by train from MUC, which is well served by early morning and late evening flights.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
pembsflyer wrote:
@simonx, Austria's your oyster! Or so I'm lead to believe, very excited now I've seen through the clouds. Flights nearly as cheap, transfers as quick, change is good. Lots of info on recent posts, use search on Snowheads
@Frosty the Snowman, Suspected so for one week. Will look out for you

It's excellent but be prepared for the music. The music is terrible. Nikki Lauda and that Eisbear song....... aw the time.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Niki Lauder song is crap. Eisbear is fab...but you hardly hear it these dayd
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
holidayloverxx wrote:
Niki Lauder song is crap. Eisbear is fab...but you hardly hear it these dayd

They were playing it a lot in Ischgl 2 weeks ago.... ohhh ohh ohhh oh- eh-oh.......
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@simonx, try the Zillertal. Fly to INN. Plenty of choice in the valley and around 60 mins from airport.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@holidayloverxx, I always preferred Johnny Dapp .......
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I have a rather embarrassing vid of me and my and others pogoingin a rammed Hofstadl to Johnny Dapp. Mint man. Maddest place I have ever been.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'm a flieg fleig fleig gal myself. And of course Brenner Tuat Guat by the great Hubert. And Micke Krause can do no wrong...oh and Hulapalu on the juke box run at Schladming Aaaargh.... need to be there!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Raven wrote:
davidof wrote:
Gustavobs wrote:
For some reason I still prefer France - probably my best holidays were there. You will be great in both in the main resorts. Just find the best deal

avoid France next week, looks like we're facing a Snowmageddon event, you'll probably spend 2 days sitting in a bus in a car park in Albertville

Really? Where is this snowmageddon in France you speak of forecast?

(Heading to 3V on Sunday)

here

snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
So here's my report from the Amade staying at Flachau. We arrived on Saturday 26th Jan in snowy conditions, adding to already amazing snow which gave us an afternoon of powder. Apres in the Herzerl Alm 50m on right (facing downhill)above Acherjet bubble, good fun. Sunday was quite busy, but no lift queues, locals taking advantage of the fresh snow. First full day; Flachau to Alpendorf and back. Day 2 up to Flachauwinkl and Zauchensee lovely lunch in Winklalm top of first bubble on Flachauwinkl side. Day 3 Flachau again. 4 Radstadt, Altenmarkt, lunch in Bifies Hutte (thanks Frosty!)and drove up to Zauchensee after lunch. 5 Schladming and 6 Flachau to Alpendorf return. Dry rest of week with sun appearing most days, very lucky.
Amade area is well served by mostly modern lifts with pistes to suit all abilities, arguably not real beginners. Off piste can be sought out and we particularly enjoyed Topliner lift in Flachau and over Tauernkar 1890 Zauchensee although, and maybe why it was quiet , served only by a T bar lift.
Our first time skiing in Austria we found ski passes, maps and hire all easy, with everybody cheerful and accommodating. On the piste conditions were excellent, signage adequate, very few queues, other skiers courteous, cafes and restaurants all of a good quality. Holidayloverxx was very helpful with tips via pm...thanks!
Observations: We had a car which helped getting to different ski areas which was convenient, preferred but not essential as buses seemed frequent. All areas had plenty of parking. Recommend two days in Schladming area parking at Pichl for Reiteralm and Hochwurzen one day and for the second day Haus Ennstal for Planai and Hauser Kaibling. Plenty to ski each day and avoiding tedious linking on lower lifts. Same could be said for separate days for Flachau and Alpendorf avoiding the Glink, which is ok but I've spent a better twenty minutes of my life. Others can advise on many of the other areas in the Amade and we only skied a proportion of what is a very large ski area.
Apres was great! Early beers at the bottom of mountain a truly Austrian experience.....mental music!!......Nikki Lauda boom boom etc as above! Now I understand!! Then back for showering.
We ate out alternate nights, booking restaurants advisable. We ended up in Musistadl the first Saturday night as we had nothing booked it wasn't somewhere we would have chosen but after a few beers it was such a laugh!!
Boys (20's) enjoyed later apres...."what goes on tour......"
One downside is the smoking, many establishments have a no smoking policy, but if this offends, beware, not all do.
Most establishments serve to table and can seem to take offence if you try to order at bar, service is not included in bill, although it can be misleading as there are two tax rates at the end of a bill which could be confused for tip: One for (vat)service tax at 10% the other at 20% for alcohol tax. So tip on total before those taxes imo.
We would highly recommend Ski Amade for those not seeking a little bit of the UK in the Alps, <5% British. We will return after having explored other Austrian resorts.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Glad it went so well!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy