Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New ski jacket sweet vs black diamond

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So it’s time to invest in a new ski jacket. I’ve been rocking a sweet protection supernaut jacket for about 8 seasons and it’s been amazing. It’s just getting tatty at the edges. I prefer light hard shells (freeride) and layer up if needed. I’m very tempted to buy this years model (sweet supernaut)? I’ve also heard that the black diamond mission ski shell is good too?has anybody used either of these in the latest model? How do they fit? I’m a medium in everything 12 stone 5ft 10 slim build 32”waist.

Thanks for any advice in advance!

Si

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 20-01-19 19:17; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@src454, having made a poor colour motivated aquisition end of last season, I am quite liking the Stellar shell https://www.stellarequipment.com/ch/m-stellar-shell-jacket-blue
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Looks nice - I’ll have a look into it. Is it loose fitting?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@src454, no idea. And they only have shops in Åre and Zermatt...

But free shipping and returns...

I am tempted...
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Open Wear jackets/pants get very good reviews as well. Specs are pretty ludicrous and they're environmentally friendly....
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
asharpe64 wrote:
Open Wear jackets/pants get very good reviews as well. Specs are pretty ludicrous and they're environmentally friendly....

Thanks. I’ve looked at them to be honest, but they don’t have the main jacket open one 3L in any sizes apart from XL and I’m a medium. Maybe they’re bringing out a new range? But I thought it was a bit late in the year for that?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
src454 wrote:
So it’s time to invest in a new ski jacket. I’ve been rocking a sweet protection supernaut jacket for about 8 seasons and it’s been amazing. It’s just getting tatty at the edges. I prefer light hard shells (freeride) and layer up if needed. I’m very tempted to buy this years model (sweet supernaut)? I’ve also heard that the black diamond mission ski shell is good too?has anybody used either of these in the latest model? How do they fit? I’m a medium in everything 12 stone 5ft 10 slim build 32”waist.

Thanks for any advice in advance!

Si

I bought last year's Supernaut and after wearing it all of last week I love it, but it's my first shell so I have nothing else to compare it with. I'm a small, and I think the fit is cosy but not too tight. I reckon a medium might have given me gorilla arms. By coincidence my wife bought a more expensive Marmot shell around about the same time and although she isn't as keen as me, the spec and sizing looks very similar, ie not baggy.

I looked at a lovely Mountain Equipment shell and was tempted, but it was considerably more expensive and looked much baggier around the shoulders, presumably for climbing. It did have a ski pass pocket though, so obviously multi purpose.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@src454, I ride in the BD mission shell. Yes i would recommend it. Pockets on the chest both take a map quite easily.
The internal stash pockets are great as well.

The lift pass pocket is great, ive never had one before but actually having used it i can see the appeal, I just schuss through the gates now!

The hood is the best ive had on a jacket, Essentially 3 or 4 drawcords meeting at the back that you can adjust indepnedantly. works with or without a helmet very well

im 5ft something, (Just under 6ft) and have a medium, The small didn't have enough free material to allow me to layer up if needed.

The material is definatley very strong and waterproof.

Its not the lightest jacket in the world as its 3 layer goretex but is perfect for freeride, And TBH i use it for touring any way

(FYI i used to have a mountain equipment jacket, had that for 10years and the zips all went, i didnt really want to replace it, and to be honest this BD shell is just as good if not better!)

IMG_1426 by Plymtree Adventure Club, on Flickr
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Bought my Son a Sweet Protection Supernaut jacket from Sports Pursuit for £180.00. It seems a great jacket at that price
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks for the help everyone. I actually bought both but didn’t like the hugely over sized hood on the mission so ended up renewing with the supernaut. Used exxposed and had a great offer and quick delivery. Bit slow on the refund on the other jacket but ok overall.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy