Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salomon Shift Brake Issue

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have left it a bit late to ask this as my skis are now packed away for a trip to Canada tomorrow, but .....

I have Shift bindings on Enforcer 100s. Recently come back from Japan and I have to say that apart from a couple of minor issues I am very impressed.
The heel mechanism underfoot seems to fill with snow more easily than most, causing difficulty clicking in.
Also I always used to clean off my boots by scraping them on the toe piece. You can't do this with shifts as they will jump into pin mode. No biggy just a bit of an adjustment.
They ski and tour great.
When touring do make sure you lock the toe pieces firmly as they did release on a kick turn but I think this was just me getting used to new gear.

The issue I would like your help with is just annoying and has happened before with another set of skis of mine with different bindings.
Normally to separate skis you push them together, lift one to disengage them, and pull them apart.
With my Shifts the plastic bits on the end of the brakes will not separate by sliding so I always have to fight them apart by unlatching one side at a time.
This is highly frustrating and difficult in ski gloves.
Does anyone have a remedy for this?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's already been covered here: https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=134462&start=120

I actually like them latching like that but you need to unhook both levers at the same time.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy