Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How to send ski suitcase to Whistler, Canada

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I’m going to Whistler in March for 3 weeks with my husband and need some advice on shipping ski gear from the UK.

We won’t be coming from the UK as we are travelling round Central America at the moment but we’ve packed a suitcase with ski gear to send out from the UK. We have our own boots / clothes and keen to use them as hiring for 3 weeks is going to be expensive.

Can anyone help with recommending a reputable company that will ship 1 or 2 suitcases out to Whistler (or Vancouver where we fly in to).

Have heard mixed reviews about different shopping companies so would really appreciate some advice as don’t want any lost / delayed luggage situations!!

Thank you all!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@laurabaker, a few years ago now but I used ‘Mail Boxes etc’ to send a big case with 3 peoples worth of ski essentials in. Boots, helmets, jackets, trousers, etc.

A friend dropped case into Mail Boxes etc office about 10 days before we needed it in USA.
It went from UK to Los Angeles. 2 days before we arrived in LA I phoned hotel to ask if case had arrived.

When they said no I did tracking check and discovered it was held up for customs checks in Newark, New Jersey.

I sent chasing email. I was relieved and impressed that it arrived in LA hotel same day as us. Would’ve been big problem if it missed us in LA, as we flew out to Denver next day.

It was only about £80 for a case that weighed over 20kg. I imagine much more expensive now.
snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@laurabaker, the trouble with shipping to canada is the customs , stuff can get held up at port side very easily , even if you have filed the documents , they will usually find a way to charge some import tax . much easier if you know someone out there who can receive/collect the parcel / bag for you and pay the excess !!!

UPS are about the best company ive used , but it has never been straight forward
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy