Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Driving munich to val gardena tomorrow...chains from rental car agency?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm about to board my flight to Munich from Boston, then driving to selva val gardena via innsbruck.

First time I'm going this route, will I need chains? Rental car is supposed to have winter tires.

Thanks
Ted
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
From my limited experience on that route, normally no. The route is mostly autobahn over the Brenner Pass, which is also autobahn/autostrada. There are a few miles on a valley road, off the autstrada, to Selva. Unless hit by severe weather the roads should clear, but the forecast for the region in the coming days is settled. Your car should be supplied with winter tyres at no extra charge. Winter tyres do provide excellent grip on hard packed snow surfaces. Your route is a main European North/South route and is very heavily trafficked so surfaces should bare tarmac.
That could be your main problem- traffic congestion at certain times.
Others on the forum could give you more details.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@nosefacekilla, one other thing, road signs, that area of Italy, if you didn't know, is German speaking and some place names are different in German from the Italian, so Selva Val Gardena (Italian) is Wolkenstein Groden (German).
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the info, made it no worries. About to crack a beverage to celebrate....

But maybe i should go back to Austria, holy buckets is there a ton of snow the whole way from border to border
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
nosefacekilla wrote:
Thanks for the info, made it no worries. About to crack a beverage to celebrate....

But maybe i should go back to Austria, holy buckets is there a ton of snow the whole way from border to border

Was about to say that you've driven through all the snow to get to where they've hardly had any.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Snow Hound wrote:
nosefacekilla wrote:

Was about to say that you've driven through all the snow to get to where they've hardly had any.

But they make their own with such panache! Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pistes will be great!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Snow is pretty decent, have to say they do a good job. Glad i had my board tuned up before we left. Edges required!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy