Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

3 Valleys Routes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I’m looking for your recommendations/advice for on piste routes in the 3Vs.

First time visiting there, Feb half-term, staying in La Tania. Happy on reds and the odd easy black.

What’s a good circuit around Courchevel?

Best way to and back from Val Thorens?

Any out of the way spots where we might be able to avoid the crowds?

Any pistes worth avoiding?

Thanks for any advice.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi try looking here https://www.seecourchevel.com/ski-area/itineraries
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have a few on my website. Some are a bit dated though http://www.skimottaret.com/skiing.html#6
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Get the 3 Valleys piste map, identify the piste/lift closest to each corner, and then ski to each of those 4 points within a day, which given good weather (and respective pistes/lifts open) isn't too difficult. For bonus points, ensure you complete the rectangle, by visiting one corner first & last.

I've done it clockwise from bottom left to bottom right.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@4D6174,

The Courchevel lift system is very good and quite obvious, I'd say. When I worked a season we tended to stick to the fast chairs as the best way to get around in Courchevel. The bubbles at Motteret are the key hub in the 3V but from La Tania, don't dismiss the chairs over to the altiport area of Meribel and working your way up the far side of the Meribel valley with a trip to the lovely St Martin (Jerusalem appears in many people's favourite pistes list for good reasons). La Tania is a great place to be at HT - a bit quieter than 1850 etc.
Even just Courchevel has a huge amount of skiing. The runs around La Tania are very pleasant. The blacks down to Le Praz are great and provide excellent options in bad weather.
Personal favourite areas that don't get as busy as the obvious ones include the skiing above 1650 and skiing from the Creux Noir chair.
I think my favourite piste in the 3V, maybe anywhere, is Combe de Vallon (off Mont Vallon - head of the Meribel valley) - red, long, varied and feels quite wild and remote.
Have fun
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
This is quite handy, but check the lifts and runs still exist!

https://www.meribel-unplugged.co.uk/skiing/meribel-skiing-guide-intermediates

CG
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ignore

CG
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@jedster, sadly the Creux Noirs chair's gone! It got damaged at the end of last season and will not be replaced (by a drag lift!!) until the next one... Thankfully there are countless other options.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for the replies and links.

Yeah, it looks from the piste maps that’s it’s easy/straightforward to get around (up one side of a valley, down the next). Just wanted to see if that was the case.

We’ve got a private lesson booked for the Sunday & Monday afternoon, so will pick the instructor’s brains for the rest of the week.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@balso,
I guess it was a bit long in the tooth!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
4riders app
http://www.4riders.ski/

Its a GPS for ski resorts. Pick your destination & it will tell you which pistes to go on. You can avoid certain things like run colour, Pull lifts, etc.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy