Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

V last minute deals

Poster: A snowHead
Daughter #1 looking for something affordable for 2 leaving 9th or 10th March. Anyone seen anything? Thanks on her behalf Very Happy

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sat 2-03-19 12:03; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
https://www.skiamis.com/ski-deals.htm

Would need to sort flights and transfer but some decent reductions.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
blacksheep wrote:
https://www.skiamis.com/ski-deals.htm

Would need to sort flights and transfer but some decent reductions.

I've had an eye on a few of these. Decent prices for a decent service.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Interesting. Am looking for last minute solo for next weekend. Have had a look on main sites but am thinking DIY might just be simpler, albeit a little less social given the solo trip.

Help!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
AndrewBailey

For a last minute for a solo is difficult. Ask ski amis/ski beat/alpine elements/UCPA. I have done singles with larger package companies but booked very early.

I did a trip to Chamonix (to do an off-piste course), and to Morzine too but used Avios with BA, cheap transfers and put myself name on Chaletsdirect. A chalet in Morzine or Chamonix may be happy to fill a twin with a single last minute booking and they may have a transfer too.

https://www.chaletsdirect.com/forum/forums/forum-view.asp?fid=1

Also Mountainsun limited can be good for singles
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
As a soloer I'd probably try and ring around and see if anyone has a spare room going in a chalet, maybe try on weds/thurs for the best shot. Maybe it's because I'm used to going as a group in early Jan, but I can't believe the prices this year for 2 of us, also departing this weekend. Best price I could find was about £1800 (DIY, at a big resort), Ski Amis coming in at a broadly similar cost due to under-occupancy charges as they only have family rooms left.

If you're willing to chance it, I imagine you'll find a good deal in the latter part of this week. In the interest of cementing a trip and keeping the other half happy with some nice accom/food I grabbed a Mark Warner deal last night, but it was bloody expensive (total cost circa £2800). Regretting it a bit but I'm sure we'll have a good week.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Always worth ringing and asking if they are happy to sell you a room as a single prepared to share. Did that a few years ago and it worked very well.
Also try looking the day before travelling. I tried to book a place in the last room in a chalet the day before, late afternoon just before the office closed, and the only problem was no flights. They had rooms in other chalets in the same resort. I decided to drive booked the tunnel for a late night crossing and phoned the TO from France in the morning. I was able to negotiate a significant discount before telling them I was already halfway across France. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
huntleth wrote:
I grabbed a Mark Warner deal last night, but it was bloody expensive (total cost circa £2800).

Really ?? Not sure about your criteria I've been looking at MW for w/c 10 or 17 March and for the last week or so there's been deals in good quality places for about £750pp (including the £100 off offer that's been running)

In fact just looked again and still a few places for 10 March @ under £800pp. Unless you're adding passes, lessons gear hire into the base price that is which isn't clear from your post
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
dsoutar wrote:
huntleth wrote:
I grabbed a Mark Warner deal last night, but it was bloody expensive (total cost circa £2800).

Really ?? Not sure about your criteria I've been looking at MW for w/c 10 or 17 March and for the last week or so there's been deals in good quality places for about £750pp (including the £100 off offer that's been running)

In fact just looked again and still a few places for 10 March @ under £800pp. Unless you're adding passes, lessons gear hire into the base price that is which isn't clear from your post

Yeah that was a bit unclear, we paid £1000pp with Mark Warner, then there's another 800 to add on for lift pass/ski hire, so £2800 in total. There was only one chalet left for our dates yesterday so I grabbed it for fear of missing out. We couldn't get the £100 off for the 10th of march unless I missed a different code. The last few years we've gone as a DIY group in early Jan which brings the pp cost down quite a bit when you get a big chalet.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Awesome ideas. Thx all. Will be making calls Thursday then for catered chalets. Am pondering solo drive down and a cheap studio though as I’ve food allergies to gluten and shellfish so might be safer solo. What’s the chance of picking up some skiing mates at short notice if I’m in, say, Val d’Isere?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
AndrewBailey wrote:
Interesting. Am looking for last minute solo for next weekend. Have had a look on main sites but am thinking DIY might just be simpler, albeit a little less social given the solo trip.

Help!

Try posting something in the chalets direct solutions rooms. Might get some luck.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
i"ve been a solo booker quite a bit, and a week before i go i just ring around the chalet companies and ask what they can offer, they usually let me have a room without paying the single supplement, its always a gamble booking up late, but there is always somewhere to go.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
When it comes to travelling as a single, look somewhere other than France. Austria and Switzerland have more hotels with single rooms. Plenty of B&B or full board options.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Blimey .... those prices look steep.
We booked 2 weeks ago with MW for 10 March ... 6 of us paid £960 each including full 3V lift pass ... we considered that a great deal.
I guess they were filling the spaces ... and they filled them !
There was less available than I had been expecting ... plenty of chalets but not many including flights and transfers and the flights at 3 weeks notice were prohibitive.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ski miquel - all remaining beds £499 for March - flight, transfers, catered chalet
snow report
lottster wrote:
Ski miquel - all remaining beds £499 for March - flight, transfers, catered chalet

Have you got a link? Just been on their website and no sign of said deal.
snow report
It was posted today on their facebook page: https://en-gb.facebook.com/SkiMiquelHolidays/
⏰⏰LAST MINUTE DEALS⏰⏰

£499 pp on ALL remaining rooms for March.

We have a handful of rooms still available for the last two weeks of March.

Places are filling up fast, so please call now to avoid disappointment:
☎️ 01457 821 200
latest report
@lottster, ah, many thanks. Not on fb.
ski holidays
When I looked yesterday there were still places available on the direct ski train (overnight only). @ £304 return for this weekend.
In the past skiamis have waived any single room supp for very last minute bookings - but I would not leave it any later from Wednesday - talking from experience!
ski holidays
https://twitter.com/snow_retreat/status/1104628571828641792?s=21

Cheap week in the 3V
ski holidays
lottster wrote:
It was posted today on their facebook page: https://en-gb.facebook.com/SkiMiquelHolidays/
⏰⏰LAST MINUTE DEALS⏰⏰

£499 pp on ALL remaining rooms for March.

We have a handful of rooms still available for the last two weeks of March.

Places are filling up fast, so please call now to avoid disappointment:
☎️ 01457 821 200

Thanks for the heads up with this @lottster. The OH and I have booked for Saalbach. A very good price for everything we want, certainly cheaper than I could have done DIY. Never used them before, so looking forward to a new experience!
snow report
@Fridge03, we got a similar deal with them last year to Montgenevre end of March. Also our first time with them. Great price for the total package. I actually couldn't quite believe how cheap it was! Chalet was basic, but clean, comfy, decent food and friendly staff. Majority of guests were return travellers with ski miquel so that says something!
snow conditions
lottster wrote:
@Fridge03, we got a similar deal with them last year to Montgenevre end of March. Also our first time with them. Great price for the total package. I actually couldn't quite believe how cheap it was! Chalet was basic, but clean, comfy, decent food and friendly staff. Majority of guests were return travellers with ski miquel so that says something!

Hope you have a great week!
snow conditions
@MHskier, Try "CheekyTrip", Igluski, CrystalSki, AlpineAnswers, ……………. great deals if you can go when the prices are zero!
latest report
lottster wrote:
lottster wrote:

Hope you have a great week!

Thanks! It ticks all the boxes that we are after and in a resort we have been keen to try for a while now!
snow conditions
hawkesbaynz wrote:
I did a trip to Chamonix (to do an off-piste course), and to Morzine too but used Avios with BA, cheap transfers and put myself name on Chaletsdirect. A chalet in Morzine or Chamonix may be happy to fill a twin with a single last minute booking and they may have a transfer too.

https://www.chaletsdirect.com/forum/forums/forum-view.asp?fid=1

I've not looked into booking direct with a chalet before, usually because I tend to go for last minute package deals, but as I need to be back in UK for Saturday 23rd, I tried Chalets Direct yesterday for 6 nights from Saturday 17th March and am in the process of booking with a privately-run chalet near Morzine.

Fingers crossed it all goes well, but thanks for inadvertently pointing me in the direction of that site, @hawkesbaynz Smile
latest report
Alpine Elements appear to have a ridiculously good deal departing this Sunday for any of the 3 rooms in a currently completely empty chalet in La Plagne.

Hate to see offers like this going to waste, but need to be in UK on Saturday 23rd so had to do self-organised thing instead.

Ski Olympic's offers for the 24th look pretty good too!
ski holidays
Alpine Elements were consistently the cheapest provider when I've been looking over the past few weeks, only thing is Sunday <> Sunday trips
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Silverski have a bargain for 24th. £299 in 3V
latest report
Long-range forecast is looking good for fresh powder in La Tania that week too!
snow report
@jdowdall, Sunday - Sunday so much better
Less traffic on roads
Quieter pistes on the saturday!
latest report
https://www.skiworld.co.uk/ski-deals/mega-march-sale?utm_source=Homepage&utm_campaign=HPBannner_MarchMegaSale2019

Ski World have some very good offers for this weekend. Some have already been snapped up (like the two Lech chalets, which were awfully good deals).
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy