Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fat lad with burning quads

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Maybe posture is the problem. I found the drills outlined in this article helped me loads.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/ski/advice/Ski-fitness-how-to-get-fit-for-the-slopes/
snow report     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@kaiserpc, don't push your shins into your boots, that is too far forward!!

Based on what you say about your fitness it's defo technique I'd suggest. Do you have any video of you skiing at all??
latest report     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Burning thighs, legs, ankles, feet, soles and tiredness are all classic early signs of artery and heart disease or lung disease or diabetes.

OP is 30kg overweight and needs to shed the pounds.

Get a checkup with the doc.
latest report     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If it only happens when you are skiing it is unlikely that it's medical.

If it happens when you walk up the hill as well definitely get a medical. If you never walk up a hill also get a medical.

Loose 30kg either way would be my advice.

A doctor.

PS My bet is your weight is too far back and it's all about learning to stack your weight / not bend your knees too much.
snow conditions     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It's worth reiterating that burning quads can happen regardless of weight. If my weight gets even a smidgeon too far back my quads hurt. And I'm not overweight. A skier with good technique could carry on all day with no problem at all, despite being considerably overweight (though other aspects of their health will suffer). But yes, if your weight is not only too far back but also greater than it should be, you'll hurt more. Strength also comes into equation. Strong quads will help overcome poor technique to some extent (and get stronger in the process, I guess). Stong quads + good technique + the optimum weight = the best outcome! But two out of three aint bad.
snow report     

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy