Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Montgenevre

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi - a large group of us are heading out to montgenevre shortly, do you have any tips for us? Specifically, is there a cheap supermarket where we can buy our week’s food please? Thanks in advance
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There are 2 "supermarkets" (more like a well stocked corner shop IMO) in town, a spar and the other one (I cannot remember the chain, not one that exists in the UK). However neither of them were cheap, especially for fresh food (fruit and veg). I was self catering there over new year, and regretted not stocking up in a bigger town down the hill. There was a pretty good range for small shops.

The other big point is that on mountain dining / drinking is really limited on the french side (a total of 2 quite big places unless I did not find one). In Italy there is much more choice, and possibly better value.

The best place to eat I found was Caesar's, 14.50 euro for a set 3 course menu for lunch, good pizzas and other stuff looked good. The best beer was a french IPA available at Le Graal. The best snow was as far as you could get from the road on the south, pretty heavily north facing slopes.

Getting to Italy "up high" involved a fairly steep red which was pretty icy and a bit bumpy over new year. Getting to Italy "down in the valley" involved a lot of polling along a golf course.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Le Graal is a good spot. Serves Stowford Press cider, which is one of my favourite tipples!

As mentioned, much more option for eating on the mountain on the Italian side.

Great ski area. Loved it. Particularly the Gondrans area.

Depending on where you are staying...the town slopes up a quite steep hill in some places which can make trekking down to the lifts a bit treacherous/tiring coming back after a day skiing.
There is a free shuttle bus that does laps of the resort if you don’t fancy the walk.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you are driving best to stop at Intermarche in Modane (nr Frejus tunnel). If not there are three small supermarkets in resort: Spar, Sherpa and a small independent deli type in the Hameau De L'obelisque (where you can also order hot chickens and pizzas). There is a Leclerc (I think) in Briancon but you'd need a car to get to it and the road is very windy...I would not bother unless you are passing through.

I like Les terraces at the top of the Chalvet gondola but it is pricey. ski over to Italy for a cheaper lunch.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thank you all for such swift and helpful responses!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If you are driving from Turin airport, there is also a Lidl in Susa, very close to the Susa Est exit
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
La Grasp for apres ski. If anyone needs lessons contact A Peak, they're great. La capitane is great for dinner but maybe not for a big group. For pizza go to Kilt in Claviere. Lunch on the mountain much better on the Italian Claviere side. You'll have a great time Montgenevre is a great resort
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sorry La Graal, bloody auto correct
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just wondering what the conditions are like there bunkum? I see it’s only 70% open, and they haven’t had any decent fresh snow since 19 December I seem to remember reading.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Some of the group have gone out a bit early. They seem to be doing ok. I’ll ask them how it is though.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Great thanks. Fingers crossed for you all.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Skiied there on Friday (over from the Italian side). Very hard pistes with lots of bare patches some of which were marked and some of which weren’t. Off piste non existent where I looked but don’t know the area so I may have missed things!

Fair amount open given the lack of snow and no queues!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ah right DrNo many thanks. Glad they are coping (just about)!!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy