Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

bit of shopping help for Brighton needed

Poster: A snowHead
Any tips on where to go to quickly get OK quality ladies snowboard gear in Brighton?

Airline lost a bag, which has sort of been found, but now appears to be on its way back to NZ. So it won't get delivered to me in time before we fly out of the UK tomorrow. Insurance covers it up to about 500 quid - just need to buy a jacket, pants, goggles, gloves, helmet for a pretty fussy 19yo daughter. I'll probably just hire a board and boots for her.

Need to get it sorted tomorrow. Got a filthy hangover today and can't face taking her shopping after getting off a 32 hour flight and enjoying a few pints of harveys to numb the jet lag. It's good beer Happy

I'm guessing it makes sense to get that gear in Brighton if possible as opposed to paying resort prices?

I've got a car so can travel a bit, but not that keen on a trip to London
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If there is nothing in Brighton, depending on which airport you are flying out from you may be able to get some bits there. Like Sunglass Hut might have some Oakley goggles, North Face I think are at Gatwick as is Snow and Rock airside in their South Terminal. Could kill some time when waiting for your flight. Check out the airports' shopping guides. Then what you cant get, maybe the resort? Where are you going, flying into?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you want cheap, there's a Decathlon. For higher end gear, try Snow and Rock. I've not been in one for a while so I'm not sure what snow stuff they have, but there is also an O'Neill which might suit a teen better.

Shopping in Brighton is fairly compact, so you can easily walk between the above. Parking can be an issue though, so depending on where you are coming from, the park and ride (check that, I may be confusing Brighton with another town...) or train from eg. Lewes may be easier.

If you don't mind a short drive, there is also https://www.boardriders.co.uk/ a bit further down the coast. No personal experience though, sorry.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Awesome thanks. Flying out of Gatwick and going to Saalbach. Will have a look at those places. I'm staying at a hotel in Brighton, so can get round on foot.

I'll be giving cheap a go but can see it ending up expensive Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Other tips are good but get her to go and have a look in TK Maxx as well - 36-37 North St, Brighton BN1 1EB . They do branded stuff at reduced prices. https://www.tkmaxx.com/uk/en/women/activewear/snow+ski/c/01030200?q=&sort=publishedDate-desc&facets=stockLevelStatus:inStock&page=0 - I have got loads of gear from there before. If you are lucky you might get gloves, googles etc as well. Also check out if you move quickly you might get next day delivery into store?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Try Trespass

132 Queens Rd, Brighton BN1 3WB

and Mountain Warehouse

126 Queens Rd, Brighton BN1 3WB
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
http://www.boardroomtech.com/ - be quick as they are off on a trip tomorrow.

There's also slush n rubble, mountain warehouse, decathlon and then boardriders (Ocean Sports) down towards Hove lagoon - there's plenty of parking.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Board riders is a great place, run by the same family for years, loads of nice stuff to look at
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
There's a Snow and Rock in the middle of Brighton
54-55 Market Street

BN1 1HH Brighton
Phone 01273 827660
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
and more importantly nip into Brewdog Brighton Smile https://www.brewdog.com/bars/uk/brighton
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
There's a TK Maxx in Brighton too, on the Old Shoreham Rd BN3 7PN. The TK Maxx in Horsham isn't stocking much Ski gear this year so no point going there.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
O'Neils in Churchill Square Shopping Centre do some snow gear aimed at your daughters age group.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@hang11, I'm sure shopping in Salzburg (I assume thats the destination airport) could be fun.

Youve picked a good year, lots of snow and an ok exchange rate.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Free parking in the Marina and hop on a bus into town. £5 for an all day bus ticket.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Great advice above, especially as most of the places mentioned are within a minute's walk from North Street.

There's also a Sports Direct next to Decathlon, and a TK Maxx opposite (in addition to the one that @gixxerniknik mentioned). There was a Tog24, but that has closed, so don't bother looking for it.

If you change your mind about the Board or Boots, try Rinskis. It's about an hour west of Brighton by car or train, but I couldn't find anywhere other than Snow and Rock in Brighton that would fit boots. I got good service there when I bought my ski boots in December. They sell clothing too, but you've already got a good selection in Brighton for that.
ski holidays
@hang11, my daughter works in Brighton for a travel company, and her partner used to work at Mountain Warehouse there. They are both skiers. I’m sure they would be happy to advise. PM me if you would like contact details.
latest report
Snow and Rock in Brighton already mentioned but if you have access to a car then there is Snowlab at Knockhatch dry ski slope. Maybe 30-45 mins away from
Brighton.

Great shop and very friendly staff!
And you can have a ski afterwards!
snow report
Bag turned up just in time in the end - did a u turn in Doha Very Happy Thanks for all the help - ended up buying loads of stuff anyway Very Happy
snow report
hang11, glad you got your bag back.
Isn't Snowheads great when you need good advice in hurry.
The TK Max in Brighton is one of the best you will find: tidy, neat, all clothes in the right place and correctly labelled.
Now what are you going to do with all the extra stuff you bought . . . Puzzled
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy