Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

2 x day trips from Innsbruck - Monday Tuesday

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Afternoon Snawheids,

I've 2 more days left in Innsbruck, not skiing today due to the weather.

Monday and Tuesday look pretty good weatherwise.

I'm not sure where to go. I was in St Anton yesterday and I'm considering going back for my 2 remaining days. It's quick on the train, by the time I've done a few emails and had breakfast it's time to get off. Similarly on the way back, I skied all day and was back in Innsbruck, showered and in the Galway Bay for the second half of the rugby - very disappointing result!

I'm also considering Stubai and would like to know what the thoughts are of this place. It's obviously a lot smaller but I think it will likely be quieter. I do like the Arlberg but it is busy all the time. Although Stubai is closer than St Anton, the travel time to is similar.

Anywhere else worth considering? I looked at Solden but the travel time is close to 2 hours each way.

Any advice is much appreciated.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Having just been in both Innsbrück and Arlberg, I would have stick to Innsbrück sinve you have been in St Anton. Both Schlick 2000 and Axamer Lizum are small but fun. And they are really close to Innsbrück. Buses to both places. And you can also take the tram to Schlick. We were at Axamer at a Monday and it felt deserted. If you like off-piste, why not try Nordkette? Proper city skiing Smile
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cheers, I'll have a look.

I'm not an off piste skier so the Nordkette looks a bit limited for me.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Nordkette is excellent for access from the middle of INN. You just get the lift from near the middle of town and do not have to faff with buses/trains etc. Av ratings are still fairly high. If you are traveling back via the bus from the main train station to the airport you can get a hot chicken sandwich from the Mpreis on the lower ground floor, or there is a nice thai takeaway outlet in the supermarket about 100m from the train station just over the road at about 11 o'clock if you follow. Excellent value and quality.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Given it's been snowing hardest in the south, and no-one would have been fool enough to ski there in today's weather, Stubai should be as good as it gets if the sun comes out as forecast tomorrow. Absolute no brainer IMO.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
clarky999 wrote:
Given it's been snowing hardest in the south, and no-one would have been fool enough to ski there in today's weather, Stubai should be as good as it gets if the sun comes out as forecast tomorrow. Absolute no brainer IMO.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
clarky999 wrote:

Cheers, I'm not an off piste skier though, I've a pretty stiff pair of fischers with me. Maybe I should rent a pair of floppy fatties?

I think I'll go to Stubai tomorrow and Axamer on Tueasday or vice-versa.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@sean1967, all the pistes will be perfectly groomed, so no worries there! But you should be able to rent some wider skis at the Intersport there too if the power is too tempting wink

I was at Lizum today. It's still in fine condition, but Stubai should really be pretty special tomorrow.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I enjoyed stubai.
Long trek on the bus though (1hr+ & feels longer if you dont get a seat on the way back!)... obviously not as work friendly as a train with a tray to do some work!
how about going ziller valley or kitzbuhel?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
clarky999 wrote:
@sean1967, all the pistes will be perfectly groomed, so no worries there! But you should be able to rent some wider skis at the Intersport there too if the power is too tempting wink

I was at Lizum today. It's still in fine condition, but Stubai should really be pretty special tomorrow.

Cheers Clarkers, phuckit, Stubai is where I'll ski tomorrow. I'll not go off piste sadly - I recently became a contractor, if I prang a leg I'll be rendered penniless.

I never skied today, weather and forecast looked pretty barkin' so patched it for a walk round Innsbruck, the Celtic v St Johnstone game and a few scoops.

Any recommendations where to eat at Stubai ?

Cheers
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mr.Egg wrote:
I enjoyed stubai.
Long trek on the bus though (1hr+ & feels longer if you dont get a seat on the way back!)... obviously not as work friendly as a train with a tray to do some work!
how about going ziller valley or kitzbuhel?

I was out my titzbuhel in kitzbuhel last week at the WC with a mate, very nice area, skied the SkiWelt too. I looked at the Zillertal but it's a longer journey than St Anton.

Stubai it is I think. Early bus there, late bus back. Very Happy
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Stubai was excellent. Sunny all day, great conditions, a little cut up by the end but good for the knees. Even tried some off-the-side-piste in my piste skis. The free bus had me back at my hotel in 45 mins.

I think I'll go to St Anton tomorrow and do the Arlberg dodah challenge. Should be a canter skiing solo.

I've a flight on Wednesday but I'm getting tempted to move it, the conditions for the coming 5 days look superb.......it's only a short hop to Selva...
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@sean1967, Rather than Selva, why not head towards Arabba and meet up with this lot: wink https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=137991
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Scarlet wrote:
@sean1967, Rather than Selva, why not head towards Arabba and meet up with this lot: wink https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=137991

Thanks Scarlet but Selva is a doddle to get to from innsbruck, 2 quick trains and the council bus up the hill.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy