Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

North Face Duffle ‘Small’ as Hand Luggage

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Am thinking of getting the 50L Small sized North Face Face Duffle for weekend trips. Wondering if anyone has had issues with BA/EZJ/Swiss trying to take them onboard (when filled) as they are fatter than regulations. 32.5 cms vs 23 cms for Swiss.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I took an similar alpkit bag as hand luggage on BA a couple of weeks ago without problems. I didn't fill it and what was in there was mostly soft so could have squeezed into the racks they use to check luggage size. I would possibly be more concerned if travelling on Easyjet etc.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I use one of these as carry on luggage with Swiss and BA all the time and have never had a problem. Just the right size for putting ski boots into.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I know people who regularly take hand luggage bigger than the dimensions indicated by the airlines. Most of the time they get away with it, but sometimes the airline has a crack down for a day or so and they get caught and then complain about having to pay a penalty rate for hold luggage when they have gotten away with it so often in the past.

I would find it to stressful waiting around each flight to see if I've got away with it or not, so I use one of these:

https://www.wardow.com/uk/timbuk2-travel-jet-pack-weekend-bag-multicolour-474-3-4730-en-1.html?gclid=Cj0KCQiA4aXiBRCRARIsAMBZGz87xvOPb--C-HCCKRuCmCmVxaQxiJeMrBDrTifvfqdnePC_gy-fU94aAnF7EALw_wcB&ef_id=Cj0KCQiA4aXiBRCRARIsAMBZGz87xvOPb--C-HCCKRuCmCmVxaQxiJeMrBDrTifvfqdnePC_gy-fU94aAnF7EALw_wcB:G:s

it opens like a clamshell so its easy to stuff loads into it, its really surprising how much it can take. I mostly use the main compartment as if you put anything too thick in the other compartments then it can really increase the depth, however, even then I've always managed to stuff it easily into the testing box they use at airports.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I used one on EasyJet in 2017 with no issues - but then we deliberatly played the stay in your seat and just let them put it in the hold card.

If it's a little over-sized you should be fine provided you don't stuff it. Normally if they think you're too big they'll ask you to fit it in to a sized box. Provided it fits when you squidge it you should be fine.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Airport check-in desks may also choose to weigh your hand luggage especially if it is a trolley case or just looks bit large.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@halfhand, good point. I'd worry with Swiss, who I am flying with next, as they have a weight limit of 8Kg. BA 23Kg and EZJ has no weight limit providing the pasenger is able to lift it. In any case I bypass the check-in desks and go straight to the gates.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy