Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Babies in ski resorts

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Well a one year old actually. Planning for next February, (1st week not 1/2 term) for the family. 7 adults and one 1 year old, my first grandchild.
I have only taken my kids from the age of 7 or 8 years old, so never looked at this area.
I know of many great resorts and frequent Zermatt a lot as my favourite. The question is where has great childcare facilities? My daughter or son in Law will take turns with their new son obviously, but as the planner, I wondered if the great snowhead masses had experience of great childcare, hopefully in a good resort. We would go for high quality apartments and would like a pool.
Currently 2 old favorites in Obertauern are cropping up (2 relative beginners in the party), but it would be nice to look at other options. I have a leaning towards Italy, Austria and Switzerland for countries, however France could be considered.
Any great suggestions?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Some resorts, but by no means all, offer ‘parent’ type ski passes for those sharing babysitting duties. May be worth looking out for.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Not really what you asked but we had an amazing time last year in Cortina with our 8 month old. We couldn't believe how baby friendly the Italian's were - quite the contrast to the UK. This extended to him disappearing on to other tables at dinner and in one restaurant up the mountain that didn't have any high chairs the waitress walking around introducing him to everybody while we ate our lunch. It really was lovely.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@twoodwar, I would think that Obertauern is rather high and bleak for a small child. I don't know anything about childcare, I'm just thinking of the chances of very cold weather, wind and lack of visibility if you want to take your child out for walks, playing in the snow, etc.

Much better to go somewhere lower with tree-lined valley walks, children's play areas, etc.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
In terms of great childcare I recommend Esprit.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Won't they be looking to grandpa for child care, @twoodwar? wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pam w wrote:
Won't they be looking to grandpa for child care, @twoodwar? wink

Didn’t quite work out that way with us when we tried that....
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
At all times other than skiing Pam!! Im sure Ill do a half day. I have 2 other daughters, or Aunties if you prefer, coming along. I'm sure we will will have a few hands. Lunch for all up the mountain would be good. Riffleberg in Zermatt could see us all there for lunch, with the baby coming up on the train, for example, but accomodation with pool would be mega in Zermatt. Then again height and babies is another significant point Puzzled Puzzled
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It doesn’t matter much at that age unless you’re going right to the top @twoodwar,

Go somewhere easy with good nannies - St Anton has good private agencies to come in and look after them. As do most large resorts.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
If you want to keep Zermatt in the mix, we took toddlers plus a 3 month old there many moons ago (the 3 month old turns 16 tomorrow!). We had no obliging family so did a mix of skiing and used the kinderparadies nursery in the village which was brilliant. Is a pool on site a must? We’ve always stayed at the Perren, very family friendly, supply cots etc and although no pool you can get access to many hotel pools if you pay an entrance fee (the National for example, close by). That way you could keep the cost of a hotel down by staying in a three rather than four star, a pool often being the difference between the two. Just a thought
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We have been taking our kids since very young and settled on Hotel Bär at Serfaus, Austria which is a certified Kinderhotel. They have a very large crache area and will gladly look after young kids all day. The resort is also very child friendly. Lots of great skiing across the large and modes Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis area.

https://www.loewebaer.com/de/Kinderhotel-Baer

https://www.loewebaer.com/de/Kinderhotel-Baer/Kinderclub
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Many thanks for all replies so far. I'm over a year away so any further good suggestions still welcome.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy