Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

UCPA ski/ snowboard instructors

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Do they usually offer fisticuffs when approached about one of their students almost wiping out someone downhill?

Was skiing with OH on a green when a snowboarder went across the backs of her skis and crashed. After checking everyone was ok, told him to be careful as we were downhill and his response was we weren't giving him enough space to pass.

Decided to ski down a bit further, saw him with his UCPA snow instructor and was about to suggest something about having a word with him about downhill skier and safety when le instructeur takes snowboard off, dumps it on the piste and puts his arms up and says something along the lines of 'come on let's fight!'

Needless to say I politely refused (being built more like a lover than a fighter!) and then was told my OH wasn't good enough to be on the slope (a green!), topped up with lots of shoving me around. I may have aggravated this by asking for his and his directeur's name so I could come down to have a word but was still very surprised I got shoved around and asked for a fight again and again!

I have used UCPA, found their instructors very friendly and nice, loved my weeks with them and have sent many friends their way but am so very surprised that any instructor would think this was ok behaviour. Is this just the new standard of French instructor? Should I feed this back to the directeur of the centre?

Needless to say OH was pretty shaken up and I was very surprised at the unnecessary violence of his reaction.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Surprising behaviour from the UCPA instructor. I have been on three guided trips/holidays with them and the guides have always been top notch re safety towards others and general attitude for all things safety. I highly doubt any of my previous guides would behave like that. I would say you found a rouge one and they were maybe having a very bad day!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Definitely report him. That's not typical in my (limited) experience.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy