Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Anton for 4 days in early March

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I am looking to go a 4 day trip to St. Anton (Wed-Sun) in the 1st or 2nd week of March. Ideally I would fly out to Zurich Wed evening, then either take the train or drive out to St. Anton Wednesday night or early morning. I would ski Thu-Sun, then Sunday evening go back to Zurich to fly back to London on Monday.

One of the challenges I see is finding accommodation - it would be for me and my fiancé. My fiancee is not an expert skier, she would do a beginning lessons whereas I am an advanced skier which is why I think St. Anton is a good fit. Ultimately I am looking for:

1. Good challenging terrain to keep me busy for 4 days. I don't ski off-piste
2. Cute Alpine village to keep my fiancé happy as she will only ski maybe 1-2 days with instructor
3. Reasonable connectivity to London - I was looking into Lech, but flights to Salzburg are only in the morning, this would not work well with this short setup

To keep in mind, I skied Chamonix, Val-D/Tignes and last year Cortina/Alta Badia. Loved all the resorts especially Italy, this is first time in Austria so do want to make it special.

1. What is the best way to find accommodations that are less than a week (Sat to Sat setup)?
2. In addition to St. Anton should I consider Lech and maybe some other resorts?

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@pred02, you wouldn't want Salzburg airport for Lech, either Zurich or Innsbruck airports are the ones. Langen station on the Zurich-Innsbruck/Wien line serves Lech and Zurs. So Lech is an option. For accommodation try the tourist office, but you're in high season and most rooms are let for a 7 day period. One of the top end hotels might oblige for that length of stay.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Have a look at Haus Bachseite.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I am doing this type of trip last week in Feb but going Friday night to Wednesday night to ski saturday to wednesday (5 days skiing but would work sat to Tuesday for 4 days skiing). Am flying into Zurich then getting a train to feldkirch for the Friday night to stay in a hotel there as easy to get one night accomodation. 1st train in morning to St anton and then dump the gear of at hotel there to ski all day Saturday. Will ski all day Wednesday then get train in time for last flight to heathrow.

The adavantage doing it this way is that your accommodation is within one weeks sat to sat booking so they are more likely to get availability.

Search for accommodation via st anton official website.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks this is very helpful. I will look for accommodation and revert back.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
i am now looking at Feb 23-26th but its slim pickings. The places left available either have bad reviews or are very expensive. I tried St Anton official site, booking.com, homeaway and Airbnb. Are there any major sites I am missing to look?

Thanks
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@pred02, it is difficult to book periods shorter than a week in advance, especially in peak periods (late Feb certainly falls into that category). I often go for weekends but generally it is only really possible to find places from the Monday before, which I suspect is not really what you want. I have just looked at the St Anton site and there seems to be a fair amount of choice for the dates you mention, there is even an apartment in a good location you can immediately book online. One word of caution unless it says "book now" it will send a request to the property, a lot of places will reject requests for less than a week so you would need to send a number of requests. Do expect to pay €100 - €150 per night for a double room in a reasonable place, yes cheaper places can be found but need booking well in advance or wait until the last minute.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I think Sainte Foy would be a good fit for you - I know it's not Austria but even as an adventurous intermediate I find St Anton fairly tiring.

So, Sainte Foy - small, pretty resort but the off-piste and backcountry is known to be rather special. Great resort for beginners and advanced alike. Longer transfer but flexible flight options every day into Geneva.

February might be a challenge though...
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Send a request to the st anton tourist board with your dates (via official site) and any accomadation willing to take you will email you back.
Same dates as me by the way except I'm leaving on 27th
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@boabski, Good ol Margit & Jens....two of the nicest folk in the resort.

As for Klaus in the Rundeck.....wellllllll.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Others may recall I posted on the main StAnton thread on behalf of a Canadian friend coming over, wanting not a full week in the resort. Here's where he has managed to find: : http://www.haus-battisti.com/en
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'm staying at pension waldruh for 4 nights so it is possible to get a part week booking.

https://www.tyrol.com/book-your-holiday/guesthouses/a-waldruh-pension
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy