Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Aiming for the middle

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The binding mount talk of + 2 or - 7 and on and on from the mark just offers too much scope for me Im afraid ...
So, I ski a flat twin tip and have mounted boot centre to marked ski centre and the NTN is on a plate allowing for adjustment. (which I havent utilised as Im happy with the set up) Question is, where is a rockered ski centre marked ? is it ski length centre or effective edge centre ? Where do I mount my new unadjustable bindings to give the same happy place as before ....
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
So you are seeing the problem of your centre mounting policy already then?

I'm baffled by the question - don't you just mark where your boot centre currently is then mount the new bindings to that mark?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Toofy Grin im baffled full stop ! snowHead
my current boot centre is at the ski centre of a flat 169 twin tip .. i have bought the same ski in a 179, so no problem with that .. but also have a j ski masterblaster which has a tip rocker and flatter tail. So a length centre mount would put me further forward on the effective edge centre and give me more tail , like mounting my current ski forward of where the sweet spot is at present. ... Puzzled (is that right) So maybe the question should be, what is the marking on the ski ? Ski centre, recommended boot centre or centre of effective edge ?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yeah I've no idea. I wouldn't mount a rockered ski at true centre though because its highly unlikely the rocker is symmetrical tip to tail. Are you sure the markings on your old ski are true centre and not recommended mount point. Only park monkeys really go for true centre?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ill take a look at the oldies and new oldies and take a tape measure to them.... and give Mr Levinthal a call
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy