Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Feb 19 Half term drive down - live journey chit chat !

Poster: A snowHead
M25 1 hour delay due to crashes...bumper to bumper 10mph max...I doubt we will be on the 630 boat at this rate...the congestion is just past potters bar exit.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Harvamnia, a normal friday afternoon then Sad
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@holidayloverxx, I'd say...thank goodness I only have this torture twice a year....I'll offer it up as they say
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Harvamnia, i used to have it every day for about 5 years till I came to my senses!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
15.30 . And we're off. Just left Horsley to join the Surrey Tractor Canonball run snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Stuck in the same. Getting a little twitchy for ferry. Will be down to how bad passport control is so not optimistic
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We are on the way too!!!! M25 usual chaos, forgot the kids travel sickness pills, the car is swearing about its tyre pressure and Eurotunnel text tells me of delays. Happy driving to us all!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Delays at the tunnel but just about to get through. Next stop Troyes Happy

Happy driving all.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We were booked on he 15:50 train and we have now boarded a train and just starting to roll at 16:35. For those waiting at the terminal for a call - suggest you proceed to before your letter is called so you get to the front of the holding lanes. We were F but moved went when they called D. Passport control and customs very smooth.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
1hr 10 later just Joining the m25 at Godstone having cut to Dorking and skirted Reigate and Redhill to avoid m25. Seems to be flowing from here, albeit at 50-60.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Lyon - Chambry very busy , Traffic Jams
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
6.00pm and just passed the iron chicken!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Gazzza, you must be very near us somewhere on the M20? If you're in the jam, it clears just past the motorway merging point.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
In hotel Macon Sud, smooth journey here had mooch around shops (C&A who knew) and about to eat dinner before crashing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@always29, yes weve just gone past the merge and are in the road works, starting to move now!
ski holidays
Just joined the back of the check in queue. Not too bad, just about 5-6 cars wait.
latest report
Just entering the tunnel... Now
latest report
Still Eastbound and with 71.4 of 640 or so miles down. We surrender ourselves unto the mercy of the French road network. Car decided that just as we joined the M25 that it'd throw a tyre pressure warning at me, but a check at the tunnel using the ol' faithful mechanical gauge shows its just a sensor reset and not something more catastrophic.
ski holidays
I took off from Heathrow an our ago and the M25 looked horrid. Good luck to all.
snow report
Check in and immigration super quick. Flexi lounge chaotic, but then straight on as train. Under 40 mins from pulling off motorway to being on board. Waiting to pull out.

Glad your tyre is just a sensor @Richard_Sideways. Must have been a relief!
snow conditions
Oh well. Bumped a ferry to the 1950. Going to be a later night than planned at TROYES. First world problems. Upset UK border police as the dozy French securitie waved us through quite dramatically which I took to be a crack on. Screech of brakes and an apology made up for it. Think he was more annoyed at his French counterpart than me.
ski holidays
Good luck to those still on the road tonight.
We are safely ensconced in hotel room in Macon Nord, pjs on, can of G&T in hand and kids in bed watching French tv. Incident free drive in the sunshine, reasonably busy roads with a few queues for roadworks but nothing major. We even managed the obligatory stop and play at our favourite aire, Aire de Jugy.
latest report
Think we are now in France - the signs are in a different language but all the cars seem to be Volvos or VAG's with UK plates!
ski holidays
Flexiplus = chaos. They’ve buggered it upnsimce we lastbwent 5yrs ago. One sandwich fridge? I mean come on! Who designed that?

What happened to the nice ladies who packed your bag? (And made it faster!)
snow report
@AndrewBailey, 99% it’s really quiet even at what I think are peak times such as start of the Christmas holidays- we use it a lot, we’ve probably travelled on most bank holidays and term end dates over the last few years. It’s almost impossible to gauge demand because of the flexibility. And why would they build a massive facility to cater for a few busy times each year?

Considering the volume of travellers, I thought that it was well stocked and well organised (my son did hear one woman screaming at a member of staff because there were no spoons...)
latest report
Right-o , arrived at Newhaven ferry with minimal delay, couldn't have done it quicker to be honest. Just waiting to check in on to the ferry two cars back Smile
snow report
Pulled up in Albertville for the night. After a leisurely lunch and bit of shopping in Troyes the traffic just seemed to get heavier and heavier. We came passed Dole and through Annacy which was very heavy traffic.

Ready to do the last bit early tomorrow, hoping to be back on road by 7am.

Safe travels everyone - night night
snow report
Right-o , arrived at Newhaven ferry with minimal delay, couldn't have done it quicker to be honest. Just waiting to check in on to the ferry two cars back Smile
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Reached our night stop in Reims. Our travel shed is basic but clean and en suite which is good enough... If only the bar next door was open... C'est la vie.
ski holidays
Arrived in Beaune 10.30 after a 05.15 start from Cheshire this morning. Only an hours delay at Tunnel but an accident near Arras meant 100kmh max all the way to Reims as everyone/mainly Brits then insisted on sitting in the outside lane permanently to pass the trucks. Early start me thinks to head up to the Maurienne via a pit stop in Annecy
snow report
Eurotunnel currently running 1hr late. Tried to sneak through 6 letters early but nabbed by eagle eyed steward. Curses!
snow report
Made it to our overnighter in Clairveux, 30 mins past Troyes.
5 hours sleep, up at 6 for a prompt departure tomorrow.
Bon nuit snowHead
ski holidays
Was supposed to be on the 10.30 Eurotunnel, but still waiting to board Sad Hopefully will soon be passing all you sleeping Snowheads!
latest report
Made it to Beaune at 00:15 (Fr) after having left London at 12:30. Eurotunnel delay of an hour but not chaotic. We stopped at the services near St Quentin as recommended on this thread. 7:30 departure in the morning to make click-and-collect grocery slot at 11:00 in Vinzier.
snow report
No hold ups on the way down but queued over 50 minutes at Dover. Now loading.
latest report
Imagine being stuffed into a p&O WITH three thousand British 14 to 16 year olds with that too cool for school swagger that a school ski trip brings out.....now I know why I will never go on channel ferry again and stick to tunnel...thankfully we have tunnel for return...now just woke from a solid 5 hours sleep in a chicken coop motel and thinking about getting on road for 5am...ah wait wife and kids are comatose and won't wake till 7ish....I'm wired and ready to hit the road again....I'll just have to lye and count irritating spotty teenagers.......Bonne route to all.....give the silver passat withsilver roof box and an IRL sticker a wave on passing!!
snow report
So far so good. Chunnel is stacked but M25, M20 etc pretty clear if foggy. Bonne chance!
snow report
@Harvamnia, sounds delightful. We are also in similar chicken coop where banging wheely suitcases downstairs in super echoy corridors at 6am is the done thing.
snow conditions
@mancski, how you getting on with your epic journey?
ski holidays
doing the trip at Easter. Leaving west London at 6pm and booked onto flexi tunnel. Can anyone recommend a hotel with 24 hour access just past Calais?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy