Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Feb 19 Half term drive down - live journey chit chat !

Poster: A snowHead
right, we're off as well.........long drive from Brighton to Newhaven for the ferry Laughing

If you see a Blue VW T5 camper give us a "holla" snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I would welcome some recommendations for a good french motorway services about 90 mins south of Calais for dinner tomorrow? It seems that I always stop at a different one and they are all hit and miss - other than the one when coming back north near Dijon that feels like a concrete art-deco nuclear bunker.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Ozboy, The services just north of Dijon has burnt down.

I guess 90mins gets you to the Aire d'Urvillers, think it claims to have a new restaurant but haven't stopped there.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
We have. Took us three complete laps of the car park before we worked out that you have to drive through the petrol station before you can get to the bit where you're supposed to park. Utterly daft.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Plan A didn’t work out for us; we didn’t leave home this evening for our overnight Ashford Travelodge stop as both children have been vomiting since 4am today. Now moving on to plan B which is a crack of dawn departure from home to get round the M25 to the tunnel before rush hour starts - that is assuming we all get a good night’s sleep tonight. Fingers crossed we don’t have to go to plan C, as the next available Eurotunnel crossing for a car with roof box isn’t until Saturday afternoon (after our intended arrival in Pila).
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@layne no I'm just a moron, 00:45 quite right
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
jamescollings wrote:
AndrewBailey wrote:
We’re going to be in a black/blue 2002 BMW M5 with a ski rack if anyone sees us and wants to wave.

That’s assuming anyone else can keep up with your DeutscheMuscleCar ?

Ha ha. Limited to 130mph with the winter wheels and tyres.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rjs wrote:
AndrewBailey wrote:
@Gazza Booked into a B&B hotel, which actually is a chain hotel like formule1, in Chalons en Champagne. A little far North for some perhaps but I’m solo with kids and leaving London after 5pm. Cost £78 for two rooms. Advantage is they’re open all hours as is a computer on reception. Disadvantage is it’s a box and a bed.

The Chalons en Champagne one is fairly new, was finished to a high standard, also has secure parking which some don't.

That one didn't have an automated reception the last time I used it, you have to use the intercom system to get the the receptionist to open the gate.

Thanks. They’ve emailed me the gate code and details for the automated reception. Seems nice for such a cheap place.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
jilly wrote:
Plan A didn’t work out for us; we didn’t leave home this evening for our overnight Ashford Travelodge stop as both children have been vomiting since 4am today. Now moving on to plan B which is a crack of dawn departure from home to get round the M25 to the tunnel before rush hour starts - that is assuming we all get a good night’s sleep tonight. Fingers crossed we don’t have to go to plan C, as the next available Eurotunnel crossing for a car with roof box isn’t until Saturday afternoon (after our intended arrival in Pila).

Fingers crossed for Plan B and that's it's an event free trip!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hope the kids are feelings better, our trip is going ok, tunnel was empty this evening and despite arrive too late for our booked train they put us on the next one - now a couple of hour to saint Quinton for the night and off to the mountains first thing
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@jilly, hope all works out and Plan B is put into action. Heading off at crack of dawn for the tunnel, tomorrow night near Dijon and Les Carroz Saturday morning... snowHead Greenish grey Peugeot 3008. Give us a wave!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ozboy wrote:
I would welcome some recommendations for a good french motorway services about 90 mins south of Calais for dinner tomorrow?

Buffalo Grill Saint Quentin.

It's just off the A26. Better option than a services.

We've been to Buffalo Grills all over France as they are dotted about conveniently close to major routes/junctions and they do good reliable nosh.

Not sure if they are great for vegetarians though.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Layne, good suggestion but Mrs Ozboy is vegan! She will freak at first sight of the iconic bull horns!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
bug! A1 closed and had to reroute via pontefract then back on A1 at Donnie! Such shenanigans I can very much do without. The trials of living in the Northhhh!. Still heyho now skipping past Melton mowbray.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Bobcat76 wrote:
bug! A1 closed and had to reroute via pontefract then back on A1 at Donnie! Such shenanigans I can very much do without. The trials of living in the Northhhh!. Still heyho now skipping past Melton mowbray.

Grab a pie!
latest report
Quote:

both children have been vomiting since 4am today

Just exactly what you don't want.... hope it works out.
ski holidays
Phew! at last rocked up to premier inn north of the channel
That was a journey and a half. Plenty junction closures on the way. At one point negotiating off the M25 was like being caught in a perpetual loop on the Crystal maze!
ski holidays
At tunnel for 6:50 crossing. Not a hope Evil or Very Mad

Looks as if delay is French customs with only 2 booths open. Queue back around into terminal car park.

Trains seem ok once through
snow report
Made it in to train - last but 1 car! Is fine once through passports

Just been very garbled message about incident so we’re not going anywhere at mo
ski holidays
Quick sleep and now on board shuttle waiting for take off. Traffic not to bad on the drive down M20 though glad we took the extra day to travel given junction closures.
ski holidays
Apparently a fire alarm was triggered in carriage somewhere - all sorted but now stuck waiting for slot
latest report
Update on Twitter- train stuck with technical problem in tunnel entrance

Really about time they invested in rolling stock

This is going to cause delays later
snow conditions
@Boris, oh no.....for you and later delays.....I will now be spending all morning at work looking at their twitter feed and not working!
ski holidays
Eurotunnel now moving at last , reckon it will back for the morning
latest report
Rob Mackley wrote:
Eurotunnel now moving at last , reckon it will backup for the morning
snow report
Thank you all. Actioning Plan B, all got a good night’s sleep last night. We’ve made it’s far as the Eurotunnel with only one brief pit stop en route. Kids seem much more perky, we’ve been allocated a train 45mins earlier than booked slot and are now in one of the lanes in the ‘holding’ area for boarding. Hopefully the earlier stopped train won’t cause too many issues and we’ll be in our way soon.
It’s already very busy at the Eurotunnel.
snow conditions
Car nearly packed....NOT.

Kids off to school, no distractions, packing frenzy about to commence.

See you on the Autoroute - we're in the i800, skis on roof, sledges on bike carrier registration SN04BUS Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
Well played @jilly.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Left Ireland last night. Premiere inn Carlisle. Ferry at 6pmish. Night in reinms. ADH Saturday whenever we get there. Fam if 5. Only done easter drive before so interested/mildly anxious about the queues that u experienced folk are talking about...so go with the flow....way back with one overnight....safe travels to all
snow report
I am reading this with such mixed emotions, we did half term six times, all great fun, including most of the queues except the toilet ones on the French motorway service stations for the female toilets. Every one, whatever time we stopped was queued round the side!
GOOD LUCK and safe passage.
(We are off first week in March so easy
latest report
@jilly, what a relief the Plan B could be used. @rainman, safe travels, you are going from my part of the world, to where we ski - funny to see that. @Ozboy, + 1 for Aire d'Urvillers, it has a good restaurant, a Paul and a decent shop. Looks like you are all getting to luck in with the weather. Safe travels.
latest report
rjs wrote:
AndrewBailey wrote:
@Gazza Booked into a B&B hotel, which actually is a chain hotel like formule1, in Chalons en Champagne. A little far North for some perhaps but I’m solo with kids and leaving London after 5pm. Cost £78 for two rooms. Advantage is they’re open all hours as is a computer on reception. Disadvantage is it’s a box and a bed.

The Chalons en Champagne one is fairly new, was finished to a high standard, also has secure parking which some don't.

That one didn't have an automated reception the last time I used it, you have to use the intercom system to get the the receptionist to open the gate.

Thanks. They’ve emailed me the gate code and details for the automated reception. Seems nice for such a cheap place.

We are staying here again, we stayed last year, left around 8.30am and was at Les Menuires for 14:00.
ski holidays
It's a gloriously lovely sunny day in France......make sure you've got your shades as it's sun in the eyes the whole way down Cool
snow conditions
Quote:

Car nearly packed....NOT.

Kids off to school, no distractions, packing frenzy about to commence.

See you on the Autoroute - we're in the i800, skis on roof, sledges on bike carrier registration SN04BUS

Pretty sure we've passed you on the autoroute before (unless there's another camper with similar plates), Outlander with double boxes. Two hours and counting until PC off and lunch and go.
latest report
Quote:

Motorhome's the way to travel- are you staying in yours at resort?

Yes, staying in the aire at La Plagne Villages. Nothing like your own (2nd) bed.

Almost at Reims.
snow report
Several annoying Roadworks on the A26
snow report
AndrewBailey wrote:
jamescollings wrote:
AndrewBailey wrote:
We’re going to be in a black/blue 2002 BMW M5 with a ski rack if anyone sees us and wants to wave.

That’s assuming anyone else can keep up with your DeutscheMuscleCar ?

Ha ha. Limited to 130mph with the winter wheels and tyres.

I got V rated winter tyres (149mph/240km/h) on my Audi S4 for precisely this reason, nobody wants to be limited to 'only' 130mph in Germany Happy I think you can even get W rated winter tyres now but they are not common.
snow report
Quote:

Pretty sure we've passed you on the autoroute before (unless there's another camper with similar plates), Outlander with double boxes. Two hours and counting until PC off and lunch and go.

Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
Waiting in the departure lanes at the tunnel - about an hour's delay at the moment and not much moving....
ski holidays
M25 1 hour delay due to crashes...bumper to bumper 10mph max...I doubt we will be on the 630 boat at this rate...the congestion is just past potters bar exit.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy