Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Resort Close to Milan - Cheap

Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone

So far we’d like to fly into Milan, rent a car and we were going to head to Livigno but the drive time is pushing 3.5. So I’ve found the following -
Madesimo, Passo Tonale, Sestriere, Bardonecchia.

If anyone has much info about any of the above would be much appreciated to know your overall thoughts. Ive looked at the drive time, ski passes and accommodation for the above so i know that info roughly. Or any recommendations much appreciated too.

Many thanks
TJ
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sestriere, Bardonecchia are an hour drive nearer to Turin.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We fly to Bergamo, (near Milan) and has we rent a car, we usually stay not directly at a lift, but close to one, 10 mins drive

This year we are staying in Ossana, in the Val Di Sole, 3* hotels there in jan, average 60pp per night, HB

Ossana is close (10 mins car) to lots of Sking, Passo, Pejo, MDC (accessible thru the Daolosa lift)

Plenty of hotels in Commezdura, 1 km from the lift Daolosa , hotels there usually have a private mini bus service to the lift, if you dont want to drive
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Bio+Hotel+Benny/@46.3195452,10.8400653,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x4782f5f1efb4a579:0xc02d46008a6064e9!8m2!3d46.3195452!4d10.842254

http://www.commezzadura-daolasa.it/en/home.html
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
kezzy19661 wrote:
Sestriere, Bardonecchia are an hour drive nearer to Turin.

Unfortunately no flights from Bristol. Only Milan
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
dublin2 wrote:
We fly to Bergamo, (near Milan) and has we rent a car, we usually stay not directly at a lift, but close to one, 10 mins drive

This year we are staying in Ossana, in the Val Di Sole, 3* hotels there in jan, average 60pp per night, HB

Ossana is close (10 mins car) to lots of Sking, Passo, Pejo, MDC (accessible thru the Daolosa lift)

Plenty of hotels in Commezdura, 1 km from the lift Daolosa , hotels there usually have a private mini bus service to the lift, if you dont want to drive
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Bio+Hotel+Benny/@46.3195452,10.8400653,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x4782f5f1efb4a579:0xc02d46008a6064e9!8m2!3d46.3195452!4d10.842254

http://www.commezzadura-daolasa.it/en/home.html

Sorry I didn’t realise Bergamo was separate, that is where we are flying into.

Many thanks will take a look at the suggestions
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Bergamo is only near Milan if you are Ryanair Twisted Evil
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@under a new name,

Nope - its Like Southend calling itself a London airport.
I blame RyanAir for this kind of shenanigans!

Though Bergamo is on the right side of Milan for access to the resorts
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Mr.Egg, those resorts, yes. Aosta not so much. It is indeed mostly Ryanair's fault.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The drive from Bergamo to Sestriere or Bardonecchia is pushing it a bit lengthwise (over three hours with risk of traffic around Milan and Turin), and round trip tolls are close to 80€. I would stick with resorts east and north of Milan as per other suggestions.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@under a new name,

They should flog them as mystery holidays. You pick the country, they pick the airport Toofy Grin
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I’ve done three trips to Madesimo and found it quite cheap. Big range on accommodation available and eating out is good value as are lift passes and lessons.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Tjhodgson_145, like Livigno, Madesimo tends to pick up the Northern storms better than other Italian resorts so I'd guess it probably has better snow currently than more southerly resorts nearer to Bergamo. If quick transfer is important, then it's probably a good option at the minute.

Bormio is another option, and is about 50 minutes closer than Livigno, on the same road. If you fancy a day trip to Livigno, there's a good bus link between the two which is free on certain lift passes, or you can drive and park in Trepalle which links into the Mottolino ski area and saves 15 mins or so on central Livigno.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
balso wrote:
The drive from Bergamo to Sestriere or Bardonecchia is pushing it a bit lengthwise (over three hours with risk of traffic around Milan and Turin), and round trip tolls are close to 80€. I would stick with resorts east and north of Milan as per other suggestions.

Thanks - hadn’t considered those points
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
element wrote:
@Tjhodgson_145, like Livigno, Madesimo tends to pick up the Northern storms better than other Italian resorts so I'd guess it probably has better snow currently than more southerly resorts nearer to Bergamo. If quick transfer is important, then it's probably a good option at the minute.

Bormio is another option, and is about 50 minutes closer than Livigno, on the same road. If you fancy a day trip to Livigno, there's a good bus link between the two which is free on certain lift passes, or you can drive and park in Trepalle which links into the Mottolino ski area and saves 15 mins or so on central Livigno.

Thank you - will check out Bormio more thoroughly i think
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Mr.Egg, haha. Wot, Like that flight that redirected into Romania the other week? Nightmare.
snow report
If you are looking for good values hotels , I find it better to contact the hotel directly, instead of using an online booking engine, ie booking.com etc

Google maps good to see hotels ; put your desired town into maps, zoom in, and you should see hotels there
ski holidays
...or zoom into the town the change the search box to 'hotel' and you get a list with prices and pins on the map. Some of the smaller (cheaper) hotels only get a dot on the map but you can hover over them to reveal more details.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy