Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Solo skier looking for group

Poster: A snowHead
59 male skier intermediate usually sticks to reds and blues, body does not bend like it used to.
Totally new to social forums usual group not skiing this year so this may be only hope of getting a trip in this year.
Usually ski La Mongie in the Pyrenees for a week, have been skiing for 15 years.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi, we are going to Soll with Neilson on Saturday 2nd Feb.....a mixed group of intermediates.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
DIY trip organised to San Vigilio, Kronplatz. Mixed group of about 8 - 10 people aged 8 - about 70, ability from "never put skis on before" to happy on black pistes. 16 - 23 February. Self catering. Tend to eat in some nights, eat out others. Very relaxed and informal. Pint in the evening rather than full on apres. Some flying to Innsbruck and hire car from there. Some flying to Treviso and hire car from there. Some people will know all or most in the group. Some will know only one or two. Accommodation is at www.mareo.it apartments 4 and 5 (been there many times and quite happy with standard).
Space for 1 more or could manage up to 5 if people can cope with a sofa bed)
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi badgerlover2 thanks for your replies not sure I can make the 2nd getting time off work could be a problem.

John I'm interested in finding out more dates fit , which airport are you flying from and what cost would there be.
I'm used to doing same thing in Pyrenees perhaps you could PM me the details and a mobile no. or email address.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@badgerlover2, Hi, is yhou group mixed male/female? Where are you staying in Soll plz?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi our group is mixed ages, 17 to 62, male and female, 4 staying at the MOD LINGER, hotel 6 at Alpenschlössl hotel.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Theghosti, welcome to snowheads. Check out the "snow events" forum as one of the bashes may suit you - the Gnarlibug can include instruction if off-piste is not your thing, or the end of season bash is always a good event
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@nbt, ok - but looking to go this weekend - will keep in mind for other events - thx
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@badgerlover2, looks like nothing at your hotels..
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi
My skipal has had to cry off so I am looking for someone to travel and ski with.
I have skied many years but these days I am happy to cruise serenely and enjoy the mountains in a more leisurely way.
I would be looking for a good late booking Chalet deal in Feb, preferably.
Let me know if this sounds of interest.
Regards
Richard
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi
My skipal has had to cry off so I am looking for someone to travel and ski with.
I have skied many years but these days I am happy to cruise serenely and enjoy the mountains in a more leisurely way.
I would be looking for a good late booking Chalet deal in Feb, preferably.
Let me know if this sounds of interest.
Regards
Richard
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Three of us are now looking at Chamonix for a week from 9 March. We could easily make it four and do two twins if anyone is interested?

We are all interested in off-piste and have all the gear (and sometimes no idea what we are doing!). I would describe us as adventurous but not totally stupid so we look for powder and get all giddy when we have a good day on the steep and deep but none of us are experts. I ski and my two friends both board. I am the youngest in my early 40s and the oldest is 52. Not really big on the late night scene but we like some apres and a good meal, it is all about the snow for us and we would sooner be up at 0700 for the first lift on a powder day than up at 0200 in a bar.

Geographically we are split up so will fly from Manchester and Gatwick. If there are any similar minded folk who want to join then let me know and I would be happy to chat about the trip. One more chap would be great but if more people are interested in meeting in Chamonix that would be good too. Always happy to meet others of a similar mind.

Late post as we need to book asap but thought I would give it a go!
Rob
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks bigrob but I'm slowing down and staying out of the soft stuff!
Have a good one
R
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Richdl,
Hi Rich, like you I am slowing down a little as I get older (will be 65 later this year). Still dabble in the powder but that was January in Les Arcs, very tiring! Am off to Portes du Sloeil later in February for a few days cruising the pistes (Sunday 24th - Thursday 28th), staying in Morzine and sharing with my wife but as she does not ski am looking for a ski buddy during the day.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks for contacting me. However, I need someone to share a room with to make it economic.
Morzine is a good base for PdS. Enjoy.
R
snow report
Thanks for all the contacts on this topic.
It’s has been a great start to my journey on the forum and I have teamed up with a group for a trip in February for which I’m very grateful as I thought I would not make it skiing this year. Hope everyone gets to ski this year and I will certainly check in regularly to keep up with the group events as I quite fancy doing one next year.
Razz
snow conditions
You are most welcome! Looks like I shall be Skiing on the Isle of Wight tomorrow!
snow report
A big group of boarders and skiers (40s & 50s) are going to Avoriaz 9-16 March through Crystalski.

Have a spare place if anyone interested?
latest report
Bigrobski wrote:
Three of us are now looking at Chamonix for a week from 9 March. We could easily make it four and do two twins if anyone is interested?

We are all interested in off-piste and have all the gear (and sometimes no idea what we are doing!). I would describe us as adventurous but not totally stupid so we look for powder and get all giddy when we have a good day on the steep and deep but none of us are experts. I ski and my two friends both board. I am the youngest in my early 40s and the oldest is 52. Not really big on the late night scene but we like some apres and a good meal, it is all about the snow for us and we would sooner be up at 0700 for the first lift on a powder day than up at 0200 in a bar.

Geographically we are split up so will fly from Manchester and Gatwick. If there are any similar minded folk who want to join then let me know and I would be happy to chat about the trip. One more chap would be great but if more people are interested in meeting in Chamonix that would be good too. Always happy to meet others of a similar mind.

Late post as we need to book asap but thought I would give it a go!
Rob

Sorry for the very lateness of this reply. Have you booked. I have the week off for the Cheltenham festival. But could swerve that for some offpiste Smile
snow conditions
Hey, thought I’d jump on this thread and see if what I have suits anyone. We have a spare room in a luxury catered chalet in Méribel week commencing 17th March. Paid £1150pp and looking for £850pp. Could throw a Manchester flight in for that too as it just needs a name change.

If anyone’s interested it’s Chalet Phoebe with meriski. The chalet looks amazing and the company are great!
snow conditions
Should add I think it also includes one set of skis and boots.
snow conditions
Theghosti wrote:
I will certainly check in regularly to keep up with the group events as I quite fancy doing one next year.
Razz

Buttons are up for next years Birthday Bash. Book early to avoid disappointment. snowHead

Edit: link here - https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=3359403
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy