Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Can you cant Elan Fusion bindings?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have recently had new boots and had my cants measured by the boot fitter, turns out i'm quite overcanted....

i have not had a chance to go back to the boot fitter to fit the cants in my bindings, but after having a look i do not think it is possible to place cants in the Elan Fusion binding (you might be able to, but from my quick inexperience look i couldn't see how you would do it).

my question, as the subject says, can you place cants in to the Elan Fusion bindings?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Elan don't make bindings. The Fusion range of bindings are rebadged Tyrolia/Head bindings and how easily canting strips can be installed between the ski and binding depends upon the specific model of the binding. Which bootfitter and how many degrees of cant? Was it not possible to make the adjustment required either with canting strips between the liner/footboard of your boot &/or to the soles of your boot as that's the far easier solution?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The boot fitter is in Gloucestershire and has a pretty good rep.

As I haven't been back to him yet (just due to work and home life, there are only so many hours in a week Sad ) he has not been able to have a look at the bindings. It's entirely possible that he may say he can't do the bindings and suggest attaching the strips to the boots.

I might be able to catch him on Friday, so I'll update with more details then.

For the time being... Here is a link to the skis and bindings, it might help with suggestions and answers Smile

https://www.elanskis.com/si-si/en_GB/cat/products-9549/mens-skis-9562/race-9571/prod/slx-fusion-150777/
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
That's a rail binding so you'd have to put the canting strip under the rail. You'll need a couple of these but at 58mm across you'll need to check the width of the rail as it needs to be wide enough fully support the rail: https://www.tognar.com/ski-binding-cant-strip/

I can't recall if that model rails has any floating T stud fixings. If you have any they have a regular binding screw running through them then it's easy to get longer screws but if the T studs have have integral screws then you're snookered.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy