Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dalbello DS AX 90

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
As above
Looking at getting a pair of ski boots for my next ski trip, 3rd year got the bug now and hire boots either hurt, stink or both lol, and have seen these st a good price.

Any one have any real experience with this brand model ect or can any one advise on any better for a not so novice skier.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have the Dalbello Avanti 90. Mine are extremely comfortable - now.
I had the liners and shells moulded and also bought custom insoles for them. They are now like slippers.

I was (and still am to a certain extent) a novice. If, as you say, you are a "not so novice", I would suggest you go for a stiffer flex boot; as you are likely to out grow a flex 90.

As a vast majority of people on here will tell you, you are best to go to a recognised boot fitter or at least a shop with a good reputation for fitting boots and have your feet measured and then try on different makes and models. Try not to buy on price alone. Having said that, my budget was limited, so I bought what was initially the most comfortable boot within my price bracket and then had them adjusted for comfort. But even that is not the ideal way to buy. Boots are without doubt the most important thing to get right IMHO.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have a very good ski shop not that far from me who do fitting so on your advice I'll pop along and have a look and a chat with them on which is the best option.

I'm on a slightly restricted budget bit after 2 years in hire boots changing them because they either don't fit, rub, or damaged this year is rather spend the time enjoying the slopes than the inside of a hire shop
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
indeed,go to a fitter, tell them your budget, they will look at the shape of your feet and measure them etc and then come up with options to try on. its no good going and saying can I try on this boot as that might suit narrow feet with a high arc, and you could have wide feet with a low arch, for example.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
indeed,go to a fitter, tell them your budget, they will look at the shape of your feet and measure them etc and then come up with options to try on. its no good going and saying can I try on this boot as that might suit narrow feet with a high arc, and you could have wide feet with a low arch, for example.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy