Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pedestrian access on mountains around Canazei

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Booked for a weeks skiing in the Dolomites, Canazei at the end of Jan. Unfortunately since booking the hols my wife has injured her knee & is now waiting for an arthroscopy so has decided she won't ski, but she's still able to walk fine & has the stretch over crampon grippy things for her snowboots & some walking poles with baskets, so wants to go walking in the mountains. So far as I can see there is no "pedestrian lift pass" advertised for the area, I assume if we just have the normal area lift pass that will cover her for pedestrian access to gondolas, telepherique etc. but do they allow pedestrian access on chairs or is it strictly skiers only? We will want to meet up with her during the day for a drink etc. so convenient to know what she's likely to have access to.

Does the lift pass cover all the local bus routes or is there a separate pass needs to be purchased locally & particularly, will she be able to get to the Marmolada glacier by bus & on foot from Canazei?

Any info much welcomed, I did do a search but couldn't find anything relating to this
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
valley buses are not free, you can pay on the bus, but I have never seen anyone actually paying !? (3 euro a day, or some accommodation will give you a ticket at reduced price)

easiest access to the Marmolada is via the Fedaia pass which, at the moment, isn't open. Suspect it would be a long and complicated journey from the other direction
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Russbost, Chairlifts did not accept pedestrians 2 years ago - don't think she kan make it to Mamolada area on foot with a bad leg.
If the weather turns bad she could be in danger.

If the pass is open taxi is the only option.

Walking is usually only from the Valley away from skiing areas.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ok, acknowledge the info re Marmolada, that probably explains why the bus routes aren't marked all the way (due to the pass not always being open presumably?).

@albob you say "valley buses aren't free" is that valley buses as opposed to ski buses, I assume buses linking ski lifts are covered on the lift pass? & how do you identify one from the other, I'm guessing they are different colours?

Does anyone know if there are any specific walking trails accessible from the gondolas, had a look at the piste map & can't see anything specifically marked for walkers
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I think it is a 'ski' bus linking the valley resorts (used by locals and skiers)

https://www.fassa.com/EN/Skibus-service/
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Have you looked at the winter walking guide?

https://www.fassa.com/EN/Winter-walks-Val-di-Fassa-Cycle-pedestrian-path/

I think this will cover everything you need - you can specify the level of difficulty from snowshoes to paths accessible with kids/strollers etc
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Many thanks for the info guys, looks like she should be able to keep herself entertained Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
each lift will accept cash so you can pay as you go, there is also a points card which gives you 10% off.

The whole dolomiti superski is by far the most pedestrian friendly area i have ever been too.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@hobbiteater, do you have any more details on how the points card works - I have some friends who ski but might decide they don't want to do so much to justify a full skipass and I was wondering about whether they should do the points system but I don't know how it works. Do you just pre-load some kind of pass-card with a number of points and then follow normal practice swiping that card at gates? When I looked I was unable to find much info about it on any website - just that you buy 1000 units for Euro80 and then a list of lifts with points values.

Cheers!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy