Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val Thorens daily pass

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I can’t see my answer on their website so wondered if anyone here could please help.

My wife is a fair weather and occasional skier so when we get to resort, I’ll be getting her a lift pass on an adhoc basis. Does anyone know if I were to purchase say for example a pass for two consecutive days, and the second day weren’t used, does it roll over to another day until used, or is it a case of ‘snooze you lose’ based on dates?

Thanks all!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Snooze you lose AFAIK. Consecutive days though they only seem to start running from first day of use.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
Snooze you lose AFAIK. Consecutive days though they only seem to start running from first day of use.

Thanks Dave, do you know if the same applies to non-consecutive days ie if I bought a day pass the day before and it weren’t used? I’m trying to cut down faff time on a morning so if I bought a pass on say a Monday intended for Tuesday, if she changes her mind on the day, would it work on the Wednesday instead?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dunno. But there are barely any queues for lift passes on a weekday anyway. And from anywhere in resort you'll be skiing past the Peclet or the Cairn bottom offices before you ride a lift.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@dredgey, as @DotM says, lift queues aren't likely to be an issue, if however you want to eliminate that risk then just get a card and top it up over breakfast if your wife decides she wants to ski that day.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Not sure where you are staying, but there are lift pass machines dotted around the town, 7 in total - plus you can buy passes from most of the main lift stations. There is a pass machine right next to the main area in town near the Malaysia night club etc - or from the main resort beginner slopes, just drop down to the Peclet station and there are machines / ticket office. Same at the Cairn / Caron lift station (both lifts go from same building).

The ticket offices are fairly busy on the weekends, but if she is unlikely to ski first day there - then shouldn't have a problem at all.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Online top up is the way to go, once you have a physical pass. If you have an old one, it's likely to be rechargeable via the website. Down in St Martin there's an automated ticket machine by the list to buy or recharge passes too, so my guess is you should be able to find the same up in VT.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for the reply’s, completely forgot about the online option. Good to know 5hat there few queues and self service machines too. As usual, snowheads comes up trumps!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Daily use only. Did the same at Easter for wife. You can top the card up automatically at kiosk anytime so no queueing. Also there is a beginner's pass which allows access to a good selection of blues around the main town for 40euro I think.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Also, top tip if you’re buying daily passes - do an online search for a “weekend” pass and you’ll get 50% off Les Menuires or 20% off a 3 valleys pass.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy