Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

First time ski holiday. Location: Borovets

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, I'm new to skiing but as it is something that I have always liked the idea of doing my better half has kindly booked me and my 7 year old daughter on a trip. After a little research we chose Borovets for the location and are all booked up for a week long trip starting on the 19th Feb. We have taken some lessons on a dry slope recently so that we aren't complete novices when arriving in Borovets.

I'm writing here hopefully for some advice on a few things:
What should we expect to be paying for a weeks lift passes and equipment hire and where is the best place to get this and is it better to buy on location or before we travel?
Is the tuition worth looking at as part of the equipment hire, I had been told to take full advantage of any tuition but on here have read that the tuition in Bulgaria is not what it may be elsewhere.
In the opinion of people that have been skiing with younger children would it be better to buy a lift pass straight through or would you think it better to buy say every other day as younger children may want a rest on some days?
Does nayone have any advice on places to eat or things to do on the area other than skiing or after skiing at the night? I understand that some early nights for my daughter and me and an early rise for the lift queues may be in order.

Thanks all in advance.

Matty
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to snowHeads @Matty_Collo, snowHead

Quote:
In the opinion of people that have been skiing with younger children would it be better to buy a lift pass straight through or would you think it better to buy say every other day as younger children may want a rest on some days?

I always found with kids, that if they liked skiing, they'd want to go every day. The issue is whether they want to go all day.
Usually good to put them in ski school for the morning, meet for lunch, have a rule to do at least one run after lunch 'to help it go down' and then take it from there how much they're up for.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Matty_Collo,

Adult 6 day lift pass costs £145, and a child one is £82. https://www.borovets-bg.com/en/page/info/lifts-trails/prices/lift-passes-prices

Now i'd compare that price with what your tour operator is offering you (I assume you are going with a tour operator). Same applies for equipment.

As you will be requiring a lift pass, equipment and lessons, i'd be inclined to book them all as a package with the tour operator as a package. Will almost certainly be the cheapest way of booking them all.

And if you're having lessons every day, you'll need a lift pass anyway. So i'd just go for the 6 day lift pass. The only exception to this is if you are a total beginner (appreciate you're not, but quite close to it), in some resorts the beginner lifts are free. Therefore a lift pass is completely unnecessary for the 1st day or two (or until the lesson progresses on to using the lifts where you will need to pay).

Either way, speaking to your tour operator before you go, and finding out the prices for everything would be my first step. As you're going during half term i'd try and book the lessons up ASAP before they get filled up.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy