Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avoriaz Questions

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

This will be my first time in Avoriaz and I have a few questions regarding lift passes.

I am getting a transfer from Geneva to Prodains. From what I can find online the lift pass office there closes at 17:00. I will be arriving later. Will I still be able to purchase a ticket to use the cable car to get into Avoriaz? And if buying my lift pass online will I then have to collect in Avoriaz the following morning? Is there any advantage to buying online rather than in resort?

Thanks.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
How much later? Seem to remember the lift closed around 8 or so.

You can get single trip but I don’t think you can get a pass for the whole week.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Oh and if you buy online you can get it delivered or pick it up at the top of Prodains.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Option A - buy your pass online
Option B - after the ticket office closes, if I remember correctly there's a vending machine for single pedestrian passes.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
SnoodlesMcFlude wrote:
How much later? Seem to remember the lift closed around 8 or so.

You can get single trip but I don’t think you can get a pass for the whole week.

It won't be long after 5. Online it says the lift runs until 9 but that the lift pass office closes at 5. Can I buy the single trip ticket after the lift pass office has closed?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Prodains Cable Car Opens Closes
Monday to Thursday 07:00 21:00
Friday & Saturday 07:00 00:00
Sundays 07:00 22:00
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
TQA wrote:
Prodains Cable Car Opens Closes
Monday to Thursday 07:00 21:00
Friday & Saturday 07:00 00:00
Sundays 07:00 22:00

The ticket office opening times are different to the lift times. So I was worried that after 5pm you can no longer buy a ticket. Is there a ticket machine?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There’s one at the top station

Though don’t take my word for it that it means there’s one at the bottom station too (though it would be strange if they didn’t).
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yes there is one at the bottom for your single up, as @Mjit says. For your week pass, there are sometimes deals online that are not offered to walk-ups. If not, you may as well buy in the station. In which case I think you could buy it at the same vending machine, to be valid from the following morning.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy