Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Head 120 LYT Boots - Don't touch them

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I recently bought a pair of Head 120 LYT from Alain Baxter in Stirling.

Whilst I'm happy with the service I received, I think the boots themselves are poor in both design and manufacturing quality. They are a new model, marketed as a premium boot that is light due to the use of lightweight materials.

I have no doubt that they are the correct size however after 3 days of skiing I had intense very localised pain on each shin, low down. After a lot of tinkering about I've come to the conclusion that when loaded the shell deforms to an extent that creates a pressure point on the shin that is not apparent when standing normally or even with weight significantly forward. The 120 flex is also questionable, I found them to feel more flexible than my old Nordica 100 flex boots and I have found similar comments relating to the flex and deformation online. There's also a warning about letting water in badly when tightened beyond a certain point.

I am also disappointed in are the build quality. The liner is particularly cheaply made, stitched rather than bonded shin guard, cheap nylon material on the inside of the liner. The quality of the metal used n the adjustable parts is also questionable, when being fitted, the canting was adjusted and I when skiing for the first time with them that the HEX hole has been partially stripped - the boot fitter is partly to blame but the metal is undoubtedly cheap.

I've got another set of liners that I will try in the shell to prove my point to myself and I have bought a very cheap spare pair of NOS 2014 Dalbello Kryptons.

Has anyone else got these or one of the LYT range and had any problems?

If you were thinking about these, I would be very wary.

I can recommend Alain's shop though.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=3326274#3326274

Duplicate thread
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ah, I couldn't see the original so re posted it. I've deleted the other one.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Why not get in touch with Alain, he has pretty close links to Head.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rjs wrote:
Why not get in touch with Alain, he has pretty close links to Head.

I will do later in the month but I've the slight issue that I'm currently offshore and he's going skiing for the new year.

I'll be back on dry land for a day and will be away skiing straight after that.

I'll be interested to see of the model continues to next year or if it is discontinued or significantly re-designed.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'd be interested in how you go. I recently got a pair (110 flex). I thought they were built well. I have skied them a week now and had no issues with them including any water tightness.

If the build quality was not to your liking , I am wondering why you bought them?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I bought them as I was advised to in the shop. They fit well standing normally, and were fitted well. It's only after skiing or standing with a lot of weight forward that it becomes apparent.

I've tried completely different liners, Intuition wrap and whilst the problem was not as bad, it's still there.

The build quality is definitely low in comparison to my old Nordica boots and the 2014 NOS Dalbellos I have just skied for the last week.

If you stand in your boots and put your weight forward as if skiing aggressively, do you notice the lower part of the boot deforming excessively?

I'm 6ft and 85kg for reference.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
No. I even tried them on again to see, cant see the excessive deformation you get though I'm a bit lighter than you.

Sounds like they are not the boots for you. Best to take them back.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy