Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Drive Munich to St Anton

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Given some of the stories in the UK media thought it worth posting that I have just driven from Munich to St Anton with no issues whatsoever. Left the office just to the east of Munich about 16:15 and got here at 19:15. The roads were totally clear, both the ones across the Bavarian countryside (up to 1m of snow piled up at the sides) and on the motorways (no issue driving at 160 km/h plus in Germany). Unless something very peculiar happens there should be no issues with resort transfers tomorrow. There are still a few road closures but this is down to avalanche risk and should make little difference to most people.

If anyone is driving and is thinking of trying to avoid paying for a vignette by diverting via Kufstein note the road from Kiefersfielden to Kufstein was closed because the risk of falling trees not sure whether this will be sorted by the morning.

In general the issues are to do with keeping roofs clear (the weight of snow can cause building collapses) and avalanche risk. This can affect some of the roads and rail lines, mostly branch lines and smaller roads.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
To add to this, we drove from Munich to Soll yesterday evening in the ‘height of all the chaos’, granted took 3 hours instead of the usual 1.40 but all was fine. Roads ok. Don’t panic. Just check for closed roads and adjust route.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
To add to this, we drove from Munich to Soll yesterday evening in the ‘height of all the chaos’, granted took 3 hours instead of the usual 1.40 but all was fine. Roads ok. Don’t panic. Just check for closed roads and adjust route.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
buy a vignette. It costs very little and the money helps the main roads, and therefore you, and the rest of us, be safe.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Can the vignette be bough in advance online / without knowing the car reg of a car hire?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Take the Train...

Less polluting vehicles please in the Mountains

Cars are for lazy fat folk ..
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stanton wrote:
Take the Train...

fit guys go by train, right?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Steilhang, for sure.

http://youtube.com/v/5nC8r3RWL3Q
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@stanton, I’m a fat, ugly bloke surviving on a diet of pies, burgers and chocolate cakes. I hate trains. I only ski on piste too. I love groomed runs. Oh, and I love driving diesel cars. Fancy meeting up for a beer?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
the vignette thing is now mainly online but you do need the car regn number. asfinag.at. a quick email question to your car hire firm will sort it. don't put stanton on ignore - to read his messages will make you feel quite good about yourself.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
franga wrote:
@stanton, I’m a fat, ugly bloke surviving on a diet of pies, burgers and chocolate cakes. I hate trains. I only ski on piste too. I love groomed runs. Oh, and I love driving diesel cars. Fancy meeting up for a beer?

Chillout man... Trains are cool, cheap, relaxing and get you where you need to be on time ....
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
stanton, I agree with you. perhaps we are long lost brothers. I have my doubts but you never know.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
stanton wrote:
Take the Train...

Generally I agree but have work to do in Switzerland so no option but to drive on this occasion. Much prefer the train, less stress all round.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@munich_irish, when you say 'East of' where abouts? Still Munich? My wife has family in Landshut and I've often wondered about the best option for a day trip. We did have a go last Xmas and as I thought it best to avoid Munich altogher we ended up in the Bavarian Forest. It was fun and I'm glad I've been to a tiny German resort but I'm sure we'd have a enjoyed somewhere like Kitzbuhel more, for only a little more driving.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy