Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Security Heathrow/check in etc.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm on a few planes tomorrow - SNN to LHR, LHR to HND, HND to CTS.

I've checked in online for the first leg. I can't check in for the second leg online, so i contacted BA. Their rep says you can't check in online, you've been randomly selected to be security screened/vetted. (cue instant nightmare about rubber gloves snapping on). I'm landing at terminal 2 at 9:15, onward flight leaves at 10:50 so gate close at 10:30 (? haven't checked). I've been told it would be ok, staying flight side etc, but that was before being told about this additional security check thing.

Anyone been through the extra checks and know how long it might take?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@rogg, Where is HND and which terminal does it leave from?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sorry, HND is Tokyo, BA flight leaving from terminal 5.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes, Its just a few questions like reason for visit, where your staying, length of visit, etc. Maybe an extra pat down at security & a rummage through your bag.

Usually you get SSSS on your boarding pass if you've been selected!

you could be selected for a number of reasons - sharing your name with a known nasty person for example!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My 14 yr old son got randomly selected a few years back. I accompanied him. It was an extra search, bag swab and a few questions. There we 8 selected and 1 never made it on the plane. I assumed the other 7 were just to make the 1 look more random, if you get what I mean. Added 10mins to the whole process.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I think there's a Tory MP who shares my name, so maybe they're hoping............. Laughing Laughing

I'm not worried, just the time element and inconvenience not being able to checkin online and so getting a good seat choice. I did suggest to the BA rep that an upgrade to ensure my customer satisfaction and ongoing custom would be reasonable recompense.....
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It's probably just a review of your passport/visa arrangements as they do when flying to the US. You should have enough time providing you don't faff about. I think getting the underground train is the quickest way to transfer between terminals (use contactless card/phone to tap in and out). Once checked in you you need to go through the boarding pass scanner at T5, just before security, 45 mins prior to departure or they wont let you into airside. Note also your flight is likely to leave from B or C gates meaning getting the shuttle train. I find its quicker to get the lift down rather than the two long escalators and there is also the option to walk / run along a pedestrian tunnel if there is a wait for the train.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy