Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Quiet/village-like resort in the Dolomites?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

My partner and I will take a short (5-day) skiing holiday in the Dolomites, but we are unsure which resort to pick. We will be coming by car from Venice.

We are of lower-intermediate level (love the blue slopes!), and we'd prefer quieter resorts with a more traditional feel (think old church campanillas and wooden houses in car-free villages, rather than slick apres-ski facilities). Ideally there'd be a natural body of water close by (lake/river), as well as a good outdoor swimming pool!

We are considering skiing 3 days in one resort and 2 in another; and staying at a hotel located in between the two.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I was in Cortina a few days ago,very quiet ,very pretty,perfect groomed slopes and an efficient bus service. Some of the chalet staff were talking of walking to a nearby lake on their day off , no idea about outdoor pools. About 2hrs drive from Venice.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cortina is hardly a village with simple wooden houses. It's a big, sophisticated, resort with lots of hugely expensive shops and more mink coats than you can shake a stick at. Or was last time I was there.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I live in London seemed like a quaint village, cobbles, Church spire etc. to me .
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I think you have described Allaghe. I have never stayed there, but have gone through a few times whilst doing the WW1 tour. Lovey little town on a lake. It has its own bubble into the stunning Civetta ski area, and a short bus takes you up to Malga Ciapela, where you can ski the Marmolada and link over to Arabba for the Sella Ronda (or could drive up to Lagazuoi to ski Cinque Torri area of Cortina and Hidden Valley).

It is also one of the most accessible places to get to from Venice by car (many of the transfers to the Dollies take this route)

No idea about hotels and pools, I am afraid (the lake looks a bit chilly...). I am sure someone who has stayed there will pop up shortly...
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I would have a look around the Alta Badia - Corvara, La Villa, Colfosco, Badia/Pedraces, San Leonardo. Ticks ALL the boxes! Have a look at the tourist website.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@longtalker, Agree with Corvara and Cortina although everywhere is nice and also quiet in the Dollies.

There are some lovely hotels to match your requirements if you trawl the sites.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
San Cassiano is a lovely little place and has a lift straight into Alta Badia = blue heaven and loads of nice huttes to eat at.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Alleghe indeed, where this year's pre-Birthday Bash is just coming to an end. It has a lake, a small but perfectly formed ski area and oodles of charm. Not sure about an outdoor pool, though.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@pam w, +1

@rg1, you mean Alleghe, its on a lake and quite traditional. I think there's an indoor pool in the Alla Posta.

The Rosa Alpina in San Cassiano would be my choice.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thank you very much to all for your suggestions!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy