Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Samoens qustions

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So we've settled on Samoens for our end of Jan long weekend now the snow seems to be arriving. Last items to sort then are skis and lift passes.

On lift passes is there any benefit to doing anything other than buying a 4 day pass once we get to the lift late on Friday morning? We expect to ski until mid-afternoon on the Monday.

As for skis, I think I read somewhere on Snowheads that if you rent from the shops at the top of the Grand Express you can get a locker & not have the morning village trudge in skiboots. Is that right and are there any recommendations for where to hire from?

TIA

P
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Uncertain about lift pass, but you have in the past been able to buy morning or afternoon pass. Whether there's any route to saving much by that or buying in advance I'm not sure.
It's probably just as easy to turn up and buy for short duration of less than a week.

http://www.skiservice-samoens.com/index.php?&langue=EN

The above link has shops at both village and at 1600mtr on the snow front, with I believe storage at top level as you thought.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My friends have always hire from Xtreme Glisses which is located just across the road from the Grand Massif gondola. The staff are very friendly and helpful and you can store your equipment there after skiing so you can go home in comfy shoes/boots. When we went in December, they let my daughter and me leave our own skis and boots there foc as our friends had hired theirs from them.

https://www.xtremeglisses-samoens.com/en/

I'm not sure you can buy a morning-only pass, so would go for a 4-day pass if I were you.

Have fun!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@numbfoot, there's a 4 hour pass, not morn/avo passes. https://winter.grand-massif.com/grand-massif-rates Savings minimal as you'll probably download on GME, not a great idea.

It's probs a 15 minute walk from Samoens centre to the GME, are you sure you want to do that anyway? Soft shoes or not? I presume there's a shuttle bus. (We always have cars, and usually drive to Vercland anyway).

There's one (or two?) hire shops at top of Vercland/GME lifts.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
under a new name wrote:
@numbfoot, there's a 4 hour pass, not morn/avo passes. https://winter.grand-massif.com/grand-massif-rates Savings minimal as you'll probably download on GME, not a great idea.

It's probs a 15 minute walk from Samoens centre to the GME, are you sure you want to do that anyway? Soft shoes or not? I presume there's a shuttle bus. (We always have cars, and usually drive to Vercland anyway).

There's one (or two?) hire shops at top of Vercland/GME lifts.

There are loads of shuttle buses, so there's no need to walk, as you say. We stay in Vercland these days, so use the old school bubble lifts to get uo there. Roland Gay is the shop at the summit with the ski lockers, as far as I can remember.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Xtreme Glisses was pretty good when we used them last year. We changed skis a couple of times and they were very friendly. Also pretty conveniently placed right next door to the bakery for a quick coffee and breakfast if you need one before the lift. As above, you can store your equipment in the shop so you only have a 50m walk or so over to the lift.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We rented from Roland Gay in the village last year and used their lockers by the top of the gongola on the plateau. We had a bunch of small children so found having to cross the road from the gondola bus stop to get to and from Glisses was a pain.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@FionaG, @boon123, thanks for recommendation on Xtreme Glisses, checked their site and now top of my list.

Do you happen to know if renting skis only, can you store your own boots?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We stored our boots there foc for the last 2 years no problem.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy