Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Eurostar

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Not sure which area of this forum to put this, couldn't work it out... Never mind! This may or may not be a daft question: when on the Eurostar site and booking a train from London all the way through to the Alps, e.g. Bourg St.Maurice, does the total price include the link in Paris, i.e. getting between Gare du Nord and Gare du Lyon?? I'm assuming not.... Thank you for some insight into this fellow snowHeads!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
My understanding and a quick search seems to confirm that it’s a direct train from London to the Alps, so no connection needed.

Edit: Looking at the Eurostar website, I don’t think the direct train even goes through Paris!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks geepee, but I do mean via Paris: Eurostar from London to Paris Gare du Nord, then SNCF from Paris Gare du Lyon to Bourg St.Maurice. This can be made as one booking, at one price, on the Eurostar site - so I'm wondering does it include the getting from one Paris station to the other... Again, I doubt it, there's no mention of it, but still wanna find out for sure!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@AG, Ah, sorry I thought you meant the direct Eurostar. I did the Eurostar to Paris a few years ago and sleeper from Gare du Lyon but we booked them separately and so just got tickets for the transfer on the day. You would think that if you booked the journey all via Eurostar, that it would include the transfer. Might be worth a call to Eurostar to check.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
AG, simple answer: No.
You are just getting the two train tickets, not the RER as well.
They only do this package on days the train from Paris goes straight through, rather than needing to change at Chambery.
That means weekends only.
Often a good deal if you want to go First Class.
But does rather restrict when you go
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I did it about 10 years ago and had to buy a metro ticket to get across. Be aware that the stations are huge, and far from easy to navigate, so it’s good to get a map and know where you are heading. With a 40 minute gap between arriving at GDN and leaving from GDL, lugging a ski bag and case, I made the connection by seconds.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Perty, well done! 40 minutes is some going. I would have been stressed to the max all the way.
So many possible delay spots: queues for tickets, go wrong way in panic, just miss train so 20 minute wait for next (not uncommon), go to wrong bit of Gare Lyon.
I prefer 90 minutes, so relaxed journey, and time for calm cup of coffee if actually do manage 40 minutes.

P.S. I presume you are using "metro" as a generic term for "underground: the quickest way from Gare Nord to Gare Lyon is by RER (just 2 stops).
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thank you all, good and useful information.
Enjoy your 2019 skiing!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
My son just booked the train from Bourg st Maurice to London for a Tuesday. The overall journey home takes about 13 hours but it gets rid the difficulty of transfers to and from the airport. He has to change trains in Chamery, Paris and London including using the metro in Paris and London. What is really suprising is that he has to pay more because he is under 26. I don't understand why.

I wonder if anyone has used the direct train from Lyon to Lille instead of traversing Paris. Iv'e thought of using it and utilising the cheep flights to CdG. At less than 100 euros each way. It looks cheeper than flying to Geneva and getting a transfer from there.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've used that route, very easy just the 2 changes at Lille and Lyon Part Dieu, you can access the SNCF website for the Rhone Alpes regional services timetable, to reduce waiting time at Lyon. Definitely the most cost effective way to go skiing and if you book in advance - up to 90 days, you can get a PREM ticket which is even more of a bargain.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy