Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flybe Rescued!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Flybe is being bought for £2.2m by a consortium including Virgin Atlantic and Stobart Group.

The sale comes after the Exeter-based airline's warning in October that it would lose £22m because of poor demand, a weaker pound and higher fuel costs.

Shareholders in Flybe will receive 1p a share, while the consortium, which also includes venture capital firm Cyrus, will inject £100m.

It will operate under the Virgin Atlantic brand.

Potential good news for someone who collects & has a stack of Virgin Atlantic Air Miles!
Hope they do a route from Cardiff to London
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Mr.Egg, bad news for the shareholders, but that's a risk you take when you invest in the stock market. You can usually get very nice or sometimes even spectacular gains, but sometimes spectacular losses. Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
They will need to overcome some quite intrinsic problems ... flying to and from some crappy but well placed airports, a cabin baggage size that is smaller than the main budget airlines, a reputation on some routes of being Fly may Be when they cancel insufficiently full flights at short notice. Also way more expensive than the other budget carriers.

We live an hour from Exeter and two hours from Bristol ... We have given up on Flybe from Exeter and drive the extra hour.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Alastair Pink wrote:
@Mr.Egg, bad news for the shareholders, but that's a risk you take when you invest in the stock market. You can usually get very nice or sometimes even spectacular gains, but sometimes spectacular losses. Madeye-Smiley

ahh the stock market.
The transfer of wealth from the impatient, to the patient.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
DavidYacht wrote:
They will need to overcome some quite intrinsic problems ...

On balance, FlyBe must have paid for me to travel with them. I've had more cancelled flights and compensation than I've paid them in fares...
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Mr.Egg wrote:
ahh the stock market.
The transfer of wealth from the impatient, to the patient.
Laughing
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have always thought of flybe as a regional airline, not a budget airline doing lots of routes such as Birmingham to Glasgow, in IMHO, rather comfortable smaller turboprops than the traditional budget airlines such as Easyjet. The only simimilarity was that they charged seperately for everything.

I'm glad they have been saved. Now, I wonder if they will replace Monark direct flights to Venice - It would be a good route to the Dolomites. And I hope they don't just get used as a feeder airline for Virgin Atlantic
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If Stobart are involved, wonder if they'll start flying out of Carlisle Lake District airport (if and when it finally opens)?
But I' m not sure I'd trust them to fly with for an important holiday or regional airport to airport link, given their reputation, as above.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
johnE wrote:
I have always thought of flybe as a regional airline, not a budget airline doing lots of routes such as Birmingham to Glasgow, in IMHO, rather comfortable smaller turboprops than the traditional budget airlines such as Easyjet. The only simimilarity was that they charged seperately for everything.

Spot on, they're a business airline. I'm from Exeter so see a fair bit about them (and know people that work there). From what I understand they've been left in the doo doo by a previous CEO who placed a bunch of orders for jets on the idea of being a rival airline. This neglected the part of the business that actually works, getting people to/from meetings. The current regime is trying to get them back towards this corner of the market, but that's not so easy when you've got a fleet of jets that aren't really suitable for that.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We flew Southampton to lyon in the summer. But unlike previous years they flew via Manchester, awful trip. Then they wonder why their fuel costs are so high!!!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
FlymayBe - gave up on them for work trips last year after my 4th cancelled flight. VA stepping in as only link they have for UK regions.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Used to take Flybe Southampton to Geneva for ski trips. A few years ago they quadrupled the price so now we join the hordes at Gatwick for Easyjet or Swiss. I like flying out of Southampton but not that much.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Grizzler, don't Stobart own southend airport? so may use this as a base to fly from as well!!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@terrygasson, yep. Fly from sunny Carlisle to even sunnier Southend Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy