Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Drouzin winter 2018/2019 any updates?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi does anyone have any updates on what's happening this winter at drouzin let mont seen ski cannons etc in place. Any photos appreciated
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Some updates from WindofChange https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=3290616&highlight=covagne+restaraunt+restaurant#3290616
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Jerome has this webcam
http://chalet.lebiot.free.fr/webcam.php
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Many thanks for all the details and photos. Fingers crossed construction gets finished before the snow.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That ship has sailed - 8cm of snow overnight Smile

That being said, one of the cannons is done & the lake is finished.
The other 2 cannons need installing ( pipe work done), the conveyor needs the power unit being coupled up, and they either need to move the old liftie hut 30m nearer, or buy another shed from Bricorama.
Then there is the small matter of finding 2 lifties and 2 piste securistes, is order that they can run the lift.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks I saw the Web cam with snow. It takes as long as it takes i guess, worst case next year it will be operational. Waiting for new facilities is better than waiting for news that something maybe happening. I'd you get a chance to drop another update before neol appreciate it.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Mdw123, I will take some pics this weekend, as I will be heading over to PLJ as there is a chance that it will be open on Saturday Smile
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
This is from the Restaurant Covagne site:
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Wow that's look pretty good. Do you think they still plan to open up this season.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Whoever turned the snow canons on must have done it for a reason Smile
I will ask a friend who works in the Mairie next time I see her.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Is it just the magic carpet now or have the other lifts been refurbished?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
One of the other chair lifts has been refurbished - and then re-erected at La Grande Turche.
The only lift at the moment is the magic carpet, but its pretty easy to get up to the top of the old red run, black run or Muret runs, as you can just walk / skin / hike along the road and then lay down as many freshies as you like.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
a couple of our friends shot his with their drone this weekend:
https://www.facebook.com/pelicancampers/videos/vb.114460692547517/1904290706306835/?type=2&theater

It shows the snow canon lake, the conveyor belt, the Covagne etc..
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Friend at the Mairie says they aim to open for the Christmas holidays.
All the work is completed, and just are just waiting on it being signed off by the prefecture and then they're good 2 go.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks for all details. Cheeky last one does anyone know costs and if any one taking lessons on site for beginners like the old days? Or Can suggest local who would be interested in getting two boys started?
snow report
There's an old ESF guy in Les Grand Pres called Roger. He lives in the house opposite the colony.
There's some BASI qualified teachers out here too. Don't know if they have the right ticket for teaching here, but you could ask them.
(Look at the facebook link above, and follow your nose)
ESF in St Jean is probably the best bet though - there is a bus from Drouzin direct to La Gd Turche, runs 4 times a day, I think it costs 1€.
Also Yveline who runs the ski shop and lives in the Gite on the corner, I think she knows plenty of local instructors.
ski holidays
After 4 years of being closed, Drouzin Le Mont opens its new conveyor belt lift and beginner slope tomorrow.
It is FREE this weekend.
Here are the hours:
10h-13h / 14h-17h / 18h-21h
(Yes it's floodlit Very Happy )
latest report
That's it, just booked eurotunnel, we are coming back out this Feb. Cant wait to get the kids on slope and prop the bar up. Thanks for all the updates this last few months. Still after 1-2-1 skis instructor for the two boys (M-T 18.02-21.02) if anyone as any more contacts numbers/names etc.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy