Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Things I wish I hadn't done

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@brovert, did you have to be rescued?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Allowed my brother to navigate us from Geneva to Les Arcs with me as the only permitted driver on the hire form.

Tricky driving conditions somewhat slowed progress but, as an ex rally amateur rally driver, I was enjoying myself. Well, I was until I decided to quickly use a deserted car park to do an impromptu 360 spin. My brother’s rather nervous boss managed to vomit most spectacularly over most of the rear of the car. First issue.

We are then nearing Les Arcs and the signs are indicating we have only 2km to go - hallelujah, since the car is now seriously honking and we are driving with the windows open despite the cold. Go around corner and, oh dear, twelve foot wall of snow completely covering the road. More detailed examination of the map reveals the small print - road closed during the winter !

Nothing for it - we face a 200 mile trip all the way back down the mountain, through the Mont Blanc tunnel and up the other side. We have a honking car, one CD (Fun Loving Criminals’ eponymously titled album) and a very pissed-off entourage. It took hours - and felt like days - to get there.

I have never ever listened to that album again !
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy