Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

another module

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
i am toying with the idea of doing another module as that might be the only way to get out to the mountains again this season..... has anyone done the level three coaching course? if so whats it like? tricky / straight forward....i like gates skiing so had some general interest in it......

cheers
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@ajc2260626, Which governing body is running the course that you are considering, and what other courses have you done already ?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It’s the coaching module for level 3 basi..... so first coaching module on basi pathway
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Don't you need to do the 2 day Introduction to Coaching course first ?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
dont think so.... just says to be able to descend back piste with equipment on back and a snow sports qualification, which am guessing basi 2 is enough? if you haven't got that its says another type of snow sports qualification.... i will email them and ask..... do you have any incite in to the course?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The BASI coaching course is a relatively recent introduction. I did its predecessor which was the UKCP Level 1. BASI then withdrew from that partnership and set up their own one. I enjoyed the UKCP L1, but it was definitely race-coach focused, not coaching in the broader sense. There was very little skiing in gates - much more around how to coach than how to ski. I am not sure if the new BASI module is similar as they still accept my UKCP L1 as sufficient for the BASI L3 award. I think it also includes some elements of the common theory course that was also scrapped.

UKCP L1 is still an option for you, it's just that BASI will no longer accept it as the coaching module for the BASI L3 award. If you don't anticipate completing the BASI L3, and are interested in race coaching, the UKCP L1 might be an alternative and open up a new pathway for you to follow.

If coaching outside of a race environment interests you then the SSE L3 would be another option.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@kieranm, cheers mate, i think that i would rather keep on the basi pathway, just on the off chance i ended up managing to pass all the modules on that level.....
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I did the basi 5 day course which I think is supposed to be equivalent of ukcp 1 and 2. The general standard of skiing was high with a few xracers, several level 3s and a couple who had passed the level 3 tech. It would be a good module to do early in the level 3 pathway because it contains elements of the old common theory relating to conditioning, diet and higher performance skiing. The assessment part was not too stressful although we couldn't do much course setting because of conditions and had to supplement what we did during the course with a log book submission to demonstrate experience of course setting/coaching scenarios.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
i might have done my 200 hours in the next 4 weeks so on paper i could have a go at teach level 3..... can anyone give me a steer on this course, level of difficulty etc also where and when is a good time to do it? would i be better waiting for next year although i really dont want to go to zermatt again next year....
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@ajc2260626, Why not have a go at Tele L1?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@ski, not fit enough and time wise i would rather concentrate on alpine as i have adaptive as second discipline..... i think the tele guys and girls look great but i always think my knees would last about two mins! Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@ajc2260626, Contrary to popular opinion.... tele is not at all hard on your knees. Quads may be in for a beating, but not knees wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy