Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Unbelievable amount of snow in Saalbach Hinterglemm, Austria

Poster: A snowHead
In all my many years of skiing I have never experienced the amount of snow here. The current local report shows 70cm at the bottom, 150cm at the mid station and 180cm at the top and that was before the big snowfall we had today. The current forecast is for snow every day and night for the next 6 days at least.

Anyone undecided where to ski this winter then this is the place and no doubt many other resorts in Austria.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ssshhhhh
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The snowfall this weekend is causing chaos at Innsbruck airport and elsewhere.

Snowmageddon.

No good if you cannot reach the slopes.

Transport system is a disaster.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Looks like no let up in the near future either:

https://en.meteox.com/en-gb/gfsforecast/europe/rain
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

then this is the place

but not for a while......
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
...but Austrian resorts are too low Confused wink
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Whitegold wrote:
The snowfall this weekend is causing chaos at Innsbruck airport

Airport in the Alps has to close for a few hours in the winter and roads needing cleared shock horror Shocked
A few folk will be late getting to resorts or getting home
Been there got the tea shirt
First world problem

Time to ignore Whitegold I think
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Whitegold wrote:

Snowmageddon.

What you say can not be true because Austria is too low. The white stuff I dug off my drive this morning in even lower Bavaria was actually just a dream.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Folk in France must be a bit jealous though perhaps there too much snow can be a problem

https://www.wetteronline.de/wetterticker/live-winter-wonderland-in-den-alpen-201901054022054
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
“Time to ignore Whitegold I think“
That’s a given
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Whitegold wrote:

Snowmageddon.

To be fair, you’re not far wrong, but many of us are stuck overnight in alternative, but beautiful, little resorts whilst we wait for the carnage to clear.

This is not a bad thing! If I can’t get to Saalbach tomorrow at least I get to spend the day skiing in Bad Gastein instead.

Some people have had a very long day but we are all safe and hopefully not too far from being able to enjoy the lovely snowfall.

Life is GOOD my friend Smile
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mind you, if I can’t get into resort by tomorrow night I will be pissed off Laughing
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The main road to Saalbach re-opened yesterday afternoon. The reason it closed was not due to being blocked by snow but due to the very high avalanche danger and so it was a safety first provision.

I work in the ski school here and the current official snow depths are 110cm in the village, 180cm mid station and 200cm at 2000m. The current forecast is for it to snow every day until at least Sunday.

This is going to be a bumper season in Austria once it stops snowing! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Returned last night from a 4 day last minute powder hunt in Fieberbrunn. The roads were pretty good. The off piste in Fieberbrunn is superb with the usual safety caveats. Not so good if you want miles of piste as only limited amount open. Very quiet on Monday and Tuesday.
If I was planning a similar trip I would be looking to coincide with the end of the next storm.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Any pics???
latest report
@HoneyBunny, see if this works:

https://flic.kr/p/2e3ccyb
https://flic.kr/p/2e3ccwN
https://flic.kr/p/2e3cc4o
snow report