Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whistler Transfer

Poster: A snowHead
Hi Guys

Anyone recommend a shared transfer company to Whistler from Vancouver? in Feb

I have just been quoted £600 return... I thought it was a bit strong.

Best regards
J Puzzled
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Try https://www.whistler.com/getting-here/road/shuttle/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIwOWA5-3b3wIVko3ICh2hbQQqEAAYAiAAEgLl2vD_BwE

$69
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
All the package people use this firm - who are very good http://www.whistlerconnectiontravel.com
Package people have clients on BA and AirCanada flights so you would be in almost if you are traveling from Heathrow.

Also could look at ridebooker.com
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Brilliant Thanks, I have requested a quote.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
+1 for the bus shuttles. There was an even cheaper one I used, might be this one
https://snowbus.com

Had No problems at all
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Looks good, but my wife doesn't like the way they stop at every hotel along the way.

As a single guy I wouldn't have a problem, but there you go anything for an easy life... Madeye-Smiley

Many thanks
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We used ridebookers then choose shared shuttle. Was happy and would use again but we where last on and 1st of.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yea can work well
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Nearly every time recently with WhistlerConnection they have filled a Coach from the Airport then do one drop off at Creekside and then do a dissemble into smaller busses, at the bus station, for the trips to the hotels as the Coach struggles.
As we are in the Delta that is the next stop after the coach station so not really a problem. 10mins extra and you are not doing anything anyway when we get there.

I find the pain of hanging round the airport waiting more hassle but a single transfer is huge money so just chill.

Always recon on 23hrs door to door so 10mins is it really a problem. Chill and save the money.

Did a private transfer once and the suv/van they used was horrible in the 3rd set of seats.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Also wondered if this info is of interest.
WB/Vail introduce EMMA electronic assistant, info on lift queues and weather etc. Check out the article in the local paper.
https://www.piquenewsmagazine.com/whistler/meet-emma/Content?oid=12668049
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@joskin,

In the past I've used Whistler Taxi for airport transfer from YVR (whistlertaxi.com). More expensive than the bus, but certainly nothing like £600! Essentially you get door to door, and no hanging about waiting for the last person on the bus to emerge from the arrivals hall with their gear, 45 minutes after everyone else.

Then get the shuttle back to the airport at the end of your stay.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks, that sounds like a good call they quoted me 265cad and the hotel want to charge me 425cad...

Did everything work as planned with you?

Thanks
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I can confirm that this is the best way to go....

https://www.whistler.com/getting-here/road/shuttle/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIwOWA5-3b3wIVko3ICh2hbQQqEAAYAiAAEgLl2vD_BwE

although, if you're a costco member (I see you're from jersey), you may want to rent a car from Costco Travel...prices are pretty good. Parking there isn't that bad....
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@joskin,
Yup. And we could get a stop in Squamish to pick up groceries on the way up (cheaper than the supermarkets in Whistler).
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Fingersfreddy wrote:
I can confirm that this is the best way to go....

https://www.whistler.com/getting-here/road/shuttle/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIwOWA5-3b3wIVko3ICh2hbQQqEAAYAiAAEgLl2vD_BwE

although, if you're a costco member (I see you're from jersey), you may want to rent a car from Costco Travel...prices are pretty good. Parking there isn't that bad....

I suspect he is Jersey, UK not USA though we do have Costco over here too.

Hotel parking is crazy prices per night for the underground parking. If they are on a DIY in a house they may have parking, but with no free parking in the village now. Having a car in Whistler, apart from the stop at Squarmish for a shop, is a pain. Even if you are quite a way out the busses are pretty good and most visitors stay in the village.
Could hire from Avis for a one way hire and drop it off in Whistler. About 100$ CAD plus fuel. But we will be very sleepy when travelling from the UK as it is 2am for us, so add to that slippy roads in the dark. Not really sensible.
snow report
@joskin, where are you staying , as it’s quite often better to hire a car , which gives you the option to have a good look round Vancouver on you last day and also good for getting you pizza from creekbread !!
snow report
We normally hire a car for transfers and find it useful to have to check out other resorts, but this time it seems pointless to leave it in a hotel car park for ten days, also last year we got "ripped off" by The cheerful Avis rep at Denver Airport, tired after a long flight she said the car we booked was unavailable and she had upgraded us.... only when we got home we realized we had been charged, I should know better...

Avis refunded the difference

Anyway with your guys help I am pretty much decided: Private transfer/Taxi to Whistler, (after the flight I don't want to hang around) and airport shuttle back after the Holiday.

1st time in Whistler, looking forward to it Madeye-Smiley

Thanks for your help and suggestions, as usual
ski holidays
I think private then shuttle back is a very good option. If you want to have a few hours downtown Vancouver on way back we jumped on early shuttle to airport stuck our bags into left luggage and jumped on monorail to centre. There is also a outlet next to airport (1 stop on monorail and free, 2-3minutes) which is a good time killer. Very cheap American brands ie Ralph Lauren t-shirt £8. If you go to outlet there is sometimes extra codes ie 25% off lowest price just now in RL.
ski holidays
@joskin, ridebooker.com. Have used it several times. Really well organised at the airport for incoming flights. Drop of at hotel door and return is collect from hotel striaght into departures. Hassle free and you have no need for a car in central whistler once there. Supermarkets have everything you need, maybe slightly higher priced goods but you save on car hire and parking..
snow report
@joskin, Since you usually rent, have you considered one way rentals from Vancouver airport and vice versa through Avis. They have a pick up/drop off at Cascade Lodge in Whistler Village. I used this previously and it was relatively cheap compared to transfers and buses. approx £60 each way.
ski holidays
NJ wrote:
@joskin, Since you usually rent, have you considered one way rentals from Vancouver airport and vice versa through Avis. They have a pick up/drop off at Cascade Lodge in Whistler Village. I used this previously and it was relatively cheap compared to transfers and buses. approx £60 each way.

rolling eyes
Great, need more cars possibly without real winter tyres, driver tired after a long flight, and no experience of driving the sea to sky in the winter.
snow report
stuarth wrote:
NJ wrote:

rolling eyes
Great, need more cars possibly without real winter tyres, driver tired after a long flight, and no experience of driving the sea to sky in the winter.

rolling eyes

Yes, god forbid someone uses the highway to drive a well equipped car on.
snow report
NJ wrote:
stuarth wrote:
NJ wrote:

rolling eyes

rolling eyes

Yes, god forbid someone uses the highway to drive a well equipped car on.

Not quite sure whether to laugh at that, but since I may well also be driving on that highway, perhaps not... rolling eyes

I wouldn't drive the highway after a 10 hour flight.
I wouldn't assume my rental car has winter rated (not all season) tires - I wouldn't drive to Whistler in the winter on all seasons (even if m+s tires are legal)
I wouldn't assume that driving a mountain highway I was completely unfamiliar with possibly on snow/ice/slush, possibly at night, possibly in a rain/ snow storm would be much fun.

At best doesn't seem like a great way to start a holiday, better to chill out and let someone else do the driving I'd have thought? (Which it appears the OP is choosing)
latest report
Just priced up transfers for March. Four of us. By far the cheapest is hiring a car one way and hiring again for return but surprisingly a taxi is cheaper than shuttle. We choose taxi as we want to enjoy our flight which usually consists of getting sloshed and watching films, not a good combination for driving afterwards.
snow conditions
@WASHOUT, who was your taxi quote with?
latest report
Ok just checked prices, I worked it out wrong. Whistlertaxi.com. but only a few $ in it.
snow report
@stuart is not wrong , two years ago landed to me greeted by 6” snow in Vancouver,(not normal) nightmare drive up to whistler in zero viz blizzard in dark , the sea to sky catches so many folk out as it’s a highway and folk think they can just carry on as normal , but it can be treacherous even in the wet , and we saw more than a few wrecks that night
I was lucky to know the score so always rent a good car and make sure that’s fitted with proper winter tyres . And drive according to the conditions
But since that night I get the sky train into town , get a good nights rest at a waterfront hotel , and then drive up early the next day fit and ready to ski
Also pretty sure the Avis one way rental x2 works out expensive , so if you don’t need a car during your stay ( and if your only skiing WB you defo don’t need a car) book the shuttle or a taxi if sharing the fare
snow report
we stopped in Vancouver also, did Sea to Sky during the day, both with Whistler Connnections who were excellent both ways, no hotel hopping when arrived despite us being up in Blackcomb. Was with my son who lived in Whistler for 2 years, he drove me up the first time I went, this time the bus was the best option for us, ( group of 4) and meant we were fresh and ready to ski after a good couple nights sleep.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@WASHOUT, cheers, I'll get in touch with them
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy