Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Displaying a Union Jack on your ski helmet

Poster: A snowHead
was bored with the look of my bare carbon Grimner so had a very nice tattered flag design made for it.
My wife has pointed out this may cause me a lift queue issue and possibly her and my friends skiing with us ?

Does she have a point ? And no I didn't vote for the B word , as we have both worked in Europe alot.

We often ski in Utah alot and I wouldn't have even worried about it there but France?? ( I mean surely fine in Val D Isere)
Pic below
[img] https://imageshack.com/i/pmAQKSI1j [/img]

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 23-11-18 0:06; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Dunno. In Utah they gave me an "Alta Snowboard Team" sticker, which I like a lot.

Years ago I used to ride with a UK flag because there were no other UK people anywhere around.
At this point I would not do it because people may think I'm a Trump type person, and I'm not remotely proud of the UK at the moment.

It's otherwise a good design.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
i have one Swiss buckle and one French buckle on my boots cos I'm neutral
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Why don’t you put a euro flag on the other side?
Anyway I wouldn’t worry - I doubt very much anyone will pay it much heed!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@philwig I have been skiing Utah every Christmas since Christmas 04 staying in the Little America for between 2 and 3 weeks each year.
This Christmas after lasts $1.20 to the £ means we are not coming ( reality is a job change actually means no holiday)

Glad to know people don't think it's an issue
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Don’t think it’s an issue. Just looks like a nice design not a political statement
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If anyone gives you grief just say it's your Olympic helmet
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@harvsurrey, Looks excellent. Although I'd prefer it across the entire helmet, not just as a rectangle/flag.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@harvsurrey, first world problem

why would you care
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
goops

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Thu 22-11-18 23:37; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Bennisboy wrote:
If anyone gives you grief just say it's your Olympic helmet

or tell them to fugk off
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
AL9000 wrote:
@harvsurrey, Looks excellent. Although I'd prefer it across the entire helmet, not just as a rectangle/flag.

You know, Easy Rider style Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
GlasgowCyclops wrote:
@harvsurrey, first world problem

why would you care

I'd care if it attracted unwanted grief
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
If it is not enough for the obnoxious behaviour and public drunkness and puking all over the place to show your colors ... then helmet helps !
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Be proud.
snow report
It’s more likely to be a risk in the UK, where anything vaguely patriotic seems to get you branded racist as it might offend someone not born here rolling eyes

Nice helmet by the way, unfortunately Sweet Protection doesn’t make that helmet in a large enough size for me.
snow conditions
@harvsurrey,
No need for flags. Become a citizen of the world. Nationalism is on the nose at the moment.
ski holidays
if people dont like it, then its their problem.
I think it looks great.
snow report
Very apt. UK in tatters.
snow report
I got kicked off another forum for up-loading pictures of my helmet.
snow conditions
@WindOfChange, should have put a flag on it Toofy Grin
ski holidays
harvsurrey wrote:
...I have been skiing Utah every Christmas since Christmas 04 staying in the Little America for between 2 and 3 weeks each year.
This Christmas after lasts $1.20 to the £ means we are not coming ( reality is a job change actually means no holiday) ...

I shifted to USD just before this crazy stuff really kicked in. The rest of the world didn't see the seriousness of the risk quite quickly enough, fortunately for me.
snow conditions
Strange that someone would put their national flag on their ski helmet and then be too ashamed to wear it.

But I wouldn't worry, the union flag, especially slightly faded, has been a popular design in France for a few years now. I've seen the design in French hypermarkets on everything from body boards to school bags.
latest report
I like that.

I wouldn't expect any grief from anyone about it.
snow conditions
@harvsurrey, Looks very cool. Where'd you get it made? I want a shamrock for my helmet so that everyone knows I'm not English! Twisted Evil

(Ducks for cover)
snow report
Be proud to wear it snowHead
ski holidays
I would also add a yorkshire rose
ski holidays
Penry wrote:
Strange that someone would put their national flag on their ski helmet and then be too ashamed to wear it.

But I wouldn't worry, the union flag, especially slightly faded, has been a popular design in France for a few years now. I've seen the design in French hypermarkets on everything from body boards to school bags.

I hadn't felt it was an issue and was quite proud of the look as it's on both sides .

It was my wife and another ski buddy who said they were inclined not to stand with me in the lift queue.

Maybe I have missed something more obvious these females are telling me Embarassed
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

I would also add a yorkshire rose

Thats what i'd wear on mine......union jack is the last thing i'd be displaying in Europe right now, couldnt be less proud to be British given the events of the last 29 months.
latest report
@harvsurrey, The fact is, it looks really good regardless of what it means. Smile
snow report
Slap on a snowheads sticker and people will be falling over themselves to be near you Laughing
snow conditions
Tom Doc wrote:
@harvsurrey, Looks very cool. Where'd you get it made? I want a shamrock for my helmet so that everyone knows I'm not English! Twisted Evil

(Ducks for cover)

ROFL, I Love it.
ski holidays
This is something I also need

My snowheads sticker and my ski Utah yeti
ski holidays
@harvsurrey, Very Happy As this thread shows, you'd be far more likely to receive a hard time for displaying a Union flag at the Islington Waitrose than from the French in a lift queue.
latest report
Nice design. Nothing to be ashamed of. Sadly, likely to generate sympathy as much as anything else these days. I've never understood mad patriotism - your nationality is an accident of birth and not an achievement.
snow report
Looks good - but isn't it upside down?
ski holidays
Tubaski wrote:
Looks good - but isn't it upside down?

wink Depends where you think the flag pole is.
ski holidays
I wouldn't worry about it, the union jack/flag is seen as quite a la mode at the moment (given some of my wife's french family pictures on FB).
latest report
dw832 wrote:
Nice design. Nothing to be ashamed of. Sadly, likely to generate sympathy as much as anything else these days. I've never understood mad patriotism - your nationality is an accident of birth and not an achievement.

Smile Having lived and and worked on 4 continents and 9 countries, I agree with you here. And is true of my current situation.
snow report
@harvsurrey, in all seriousness, where did you get it?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy