Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dakine Fall Line Bag - 175cm or 190cm, with 172cm skis?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I want to fit
- two sets of skis (max 172cm) + poles
- one pair of boots
- as many clothes as possible.

I wonder if we should buy the 175cm bag, as then the bag won't be floppy and the skis hopefully won't move around too much.

Or, the 190cm bag to maximise space in the bag? But concerned the bag might be too floppy to wheel around.

Advice appreciated.

Thanks
R
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bought the 190cm version for Dec trip. Easily got 2 pairs of 165cm skis and poles one pair of boots and lots of clothes. Check how you pack skis and it won t be floppy. I liked it and glad I sent for 190cm one. It is known as the coffin in our house! It was easy to manoeuvre around
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I had the same choice to make once when in Whistler once... but the only Dakine size they had was a mahoosively long one - so ended up getting a Swix one which can be adjusted for length (for the 172 skis i have).
Maybe have a look - it's this model

https://www.amazon.com/Swix-Norwegian-National-Double-Wheeled/dp/B009P5TSM2/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1546774497&sr=8-3&keywords=swix+double+ski+bag&tag=amz07b-21

wheeled also and nicely padded.

I only take one pair of skis, so can fit my boots, helmet and all ski clothing in there with room to spare.
this youtube vid is handy advice for packing the skis too - one pair on bottom of bag, the other pair down the sides etc

http://youtube.com/v/tarMtUAqrKo
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've got a 175 Dakine fall line bag. In it I put 173 skis, boots all my clothes etc. I've not tried two pairs but I feel there would still be enough room as the bag is longer than 175.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@coops1967, many thanks for the video. Of course I used to do it wrong (put the skis together) and struggle with everything.
For 2 pairs of skis plus clothes etc I would take the longer bag. You'll always have smth to add and fill it up
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I would also always retract your brakes with rubber bands as this protects the edges a bit from impact dents
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've the 175 bag and can get longer skis into it, my twin tips are 182 tip to tail and just fit in. I can fit two sets of skis, two sets poles, one set boots and any ski clothes I need for a trip into that bag and still not be completely stuffed.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@rossyl, are you flying with the bag? If so, you may well hit your weight limit before you fill the bag. I have a 175 Fall Line Double and can fit my skis (177), another pair (e.g. my daughter's 159s), two sets of poles, one pair of boots, avi gear & backpack. At that point the bag is over 20 kg, so a few base layers, gloves etc fit in but I'd struggle to manage a whole week's worth of clothes. Our skis and boots are quite light though, so if you have heavier skis/boots you might be on the limit already. I've never felt the need for a larger bag, there's always space left over.
On the other hand, if you are not flying, weight is less of a concern so you could opt for the bigger bag - it may be awkward and unwieldy if stuffed full though.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy