Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Rosiére Christmas week

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
How snow sure would the collective consider La Rosière to be for Christmas week?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It depends on the weather, but if there is no snow there then it's terrible everywhere in that valley.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We’ve just had Christmas there and it was fine. Ski in ski out to both la Rosière and Les Eucherts. If it was thinner it would be an easy walk to the main lifts.

I suppose as above if it’s bad there it would be bad in all but the highest resorts.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks both.

I would just like to apologise I did try and search and found nothing. Just realised this was due to having the accent over the e, causing it to be turned into two words which is why the search failed.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@NickyJ, La Rosiere always figures as one of the top French resorts for snow cover, in fact it usually has more snow than Val d'Isere at the same altitude, not something I would worry about.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We were also there this Christmas and the snow cover was very good from village level 1850 upwards. Marmottes which goes a bit lower was open. The much lower Fontaine Froide and Ecudets runs were shut but I think they go down to 1100 so you can not count on them for Christmas week...last time we went there early season we were lucky and they were open. Snow was excellent in the San Bernando area and good in La Thuile down to about 2200 where it got icy.

It is a great resort for families (especially at Christmas) and there is a good choice of accommodation - I would recommend staying in Les Eucherts. The only drawbacks are the lack of tree cover in poor weather and that the link to Italy can sometimes be shut in high winds.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
This is my report from our Xmas trip 2012 https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2188938&highlight=rosiere#2188938
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi Nicky J and the others,

La Rosière is known for its very good snow conditions but you can never tell.

If you try to plan your next Christmas Holidays by assessing snow falls you can go to the webcams and use "timelapse" : it goes back up to one year ago.

You can also check some Web sites such as Skiinfo and navigate through " enneigement" and " chutes de neige". : https://www.skiinfo.fr/alpes-du-nord/la-rosiere-1850/historique-enneigement.html?y=0&q=snow
Plenty of data there.

I'm just back from my first Christmas there, Snowymum's report is perfect.
There was more than enough snow, even though there's never enough snow !..
I would just add that the weather was hot, up to 10°C in a sunny afternoon at 1850 !
But, amazingly, the pistes were still ok.

Of course, there's much more snow in February and even in March, but you can't change the calendar !

Bye !
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Something to add is the new lifts that opened on the 15/12/18 access slopes that are higher than the rest of the resort although quite steep generally. They certainly widened the scope for types of run and due to the height are more likely to be in better condition; that said as they are steep reds they get scraped clean quite quickly.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Anyone skied those two new lifts on Mont Valaison ?

Looks like should have opened up a lot more off piste (or give easier access to what was there before...).

Between these new lifts and the Fort chair , its quite a bit of high up off piste for beginners / aspirers which you can look at and check out from the chairs before having a go?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

Anyone skied those two new lifts on Mont Valaison ?

Looks like should have opened up a lot more off piste (or give easier access to what was there before...).

Between these new lifts and the Fort chair , its quite a bit of high up off piste for beginners / aspirers which you can look at and check out from the chairs before having a go?

Yes, skied up there a couple of times over Christmas. There were plenty of people traversing off to do the off piste and the reds were quite busy with crowds gathering above the steeper sections. It certainly gives more options and makes for a wider resort in terms of space.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I skied those pistes and they're really dark red ones, almost black !..
There were less skiers as the week went on, so the snow wasn't really scraped and the pistes were still very good.
I didn't ski off-piste up there, but saw many skiers.
Fact is, access to off-piste is far more easy now.
I spoke with a "ski-medic" (sorry, I'm French...) who told me that they had more interventions in this off-piste area than before.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Looking forward to using the new lifts when we go to La Rosiere in march, although I've skied that area many times as it offered some very good off-piste, either going down to the Fort chair lift on the south or dropping off towards the Col de Petit Saint Bernard, IMO some of the best off-piste skiing anywhere. There again, the entire domain has masses of off-piste opportunities, with most of it easily accessible, especially on the Italian side.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy