Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Insurance again....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking for cover for the BB. Not expecting to go off-piste but would like cover. Have (treated) high blood pressure so that needs to be covered. It's easy to get a list of quotes but having to go through each one to discover they don't do off-piste without a guide is hard work!

Anyone know of a suitable company?

(I usually have a yr policy but the medical screening is excessive so trying cover for just the time I'm away for a change!)
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I normally use MPI Brokers - they are pretty reasonable with their pricing and cover off piste without a guide
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I’ve used Snowcard again this year. Their Adventure Plus policy. Covers for off piste with or without a guide.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@martinm, snowcard but do check the medical exclusions. They have moved to not covering even with additional premiums
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Second either MPI or Snowcard.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Have a look at Direct Travel Insurance - last time I checked their Winter Sports cover included "off piste skiing(except in areas considered to be unsafe by local resort management)" which should cover a lot of what a casual off-piste skier might want to do.

You can just declare medical conditions and treated high blood pressure shouldn't affect the premium very much.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
MPI - very sensible off piste and a even more sensible medical declaration.
I stopped using Dog Tag because of their medical declaration being ridiculous and trying to charge me £36.00 for it!!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
frejul wrote:
Have a look at Direct Travel Insurance - last time I checked their Winter Sports cover included "off piste skiing(except in areas considered to be unsafe by local resort management)"

So at what level is safe off piste declared? - in France its one to five, with one being safe. - I have never seen 1 being displayed as the current avalanche risk off piste!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
boredsurfin wrote:
...So at what level is safe off piste declared? - in France its one to five, with one being safe. - I have never seen 1 being displayed as the current avalanche risk off piste!

And even 1 is generally described as "Low risk" rather than "Safe". (Avalanches could still be triggered by heavy loading on very steep slopes).
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I checked our travel insurance policy at the weekend and found in the small print that it only covers snow sports for under 55s Shocked As I've just passed that, I've had to get another policy. Couldn't even add it as an extra premium.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Try All Clear Travel Insurance, all pre medical conditions covered up to age 75, not sure about off piste but you could check that out
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
If more than 30 days winter sports then MPI. Good cover and sensible attitude to pre-existing conditions. Less than 30 days then LV= , reasonable cost great attitude to claims. I have posted claims experience previously.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
MPI have been great. I've made three claims in recent years, once for SnowHeads BB bash snowmageddon, and twice for medical cancellations. OK, they've asked questions about my claims, but haven't been difficult, and because of their approach to pre-existing conditions they'll still insure me for a sensible price.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy