Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiwelt Tour Austria

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Has anyone done the skiwelt tour yet, which is on there website.
https://www.skiwelt.at/en/the-skiwelt-tour-clockwise.html
I have just seen it recently, 80km of skiing sounds a lot, however I'm there for 2 weeks 2nd half of of this month and think I will try it.

I've been all over the ski welt, but not on the same day, so just seeing if this can be done in one day.
My max daily km is around 42 kms, but that'ss just taking it easy, and not starting when the lifts start.

Anyway if anyone has please let me know if it was possible

cheers
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
looks interesting as we're in Soll early March.

Early lift, quick lunch and good conditions it looks okay. Conditions will be the major factor in completing it I'd say. Good thing with Ski Welt is you can always cut it short if time's running out and get back fairly easily.

Not my usual 9.00 lift, 11am coffee, 1pm lunch, 3pm apple strudel stop and finish at 4 for beers in the umbrella bar !!!

Might give this a go.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It's the queues that would scupper it. The 3 Valleys Escapade was 100 kms, so it's definitely possible. No breaks, every piste top to bottom non-stop, packed lunch and snacks on lifts. No probs.

Having skied both areas extensively, the 3Vs one is much tougher with steeper pistes and bigger vertical drops en route.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think it is pushing it do do one of those routes in a day, but clearly possible if you are both a good skier and very fit. Some of the lifts are quite slow which doesnt help.

Some of the lower runs in Skiwelt (eg the runs to Brixen and Hopfgarten on the south facing side of the Brixental) are notorious for poor snow, if you are going to attempt this then it needs to be earlier rather than later in the season.

Brixen could well be the ideal spot to start / finish, basically because it is in the middle. If anything were to go wrong (broken lift or whatever) then no issue getting back to base. If you were to start in Ki West and got stuck in Scheffau or Ellmau that might be a problem (though I have regularly skied from Scheffau to Ki West and back in a day). It would also be the ideal spot to do this over two days, north side one day, south side the next.

Definitely need to be on the first lift.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy