Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Espace Diamant

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi , I ski a lot around the chamonix/evasion Mont Blanc area and I have never been to espace diamant area. Praz sur arly is not much further for me to drive to than Megève. Can you access all the resorts in the espace from there by skiing ? ? And would anyone recommend this for a touring day out as it were. Many thanks Adam
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Grizzoir, in short, yes you can. It's a great area (I had a fantastic week there last January - report here) with plenty of interesting pistes. Be aware that most of the lifts are slow though, and visiting all the resorts in the domain will likely take the full day without much time to detour to other parts you like the look of.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

visiting all the resorts in the domain will likely take the full day without much time to detour to other parts you like the look of.

Quite right - you'd probably miss some of the best bits if you just dashed around. @denfinella's excellent trip report would be a very good start. If you have just one day, go up the Cret du Midi in Praz sur Arly (a fast modern lift) then ski back to the bottom and go up it again and across to the top of the Ban Rouge chair (slower......) ski the reds up there and and link across to Notre Dame de Bellecombe on the Trois Coins short drag. Notre Dame is a bit short of mountain restaurants but there are two very good ones near the top of the Cret du Midi - the one you can see on the right, from the top, is delightful but very small.

If you go on a Saturday an Espace Diamant pass is 19 euros. Bargain.

The Flumet end of the Arly Valley has some lovely quiet tree skiing though also some pretty flat tracks but the Evettes lift must be one of the slowest chairs in France - the Seigneur drag lift (long and VERY steep at the top) is more of an adventure.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Oh - and welcome to Snowheads. snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There's a full ED tour but it makes for a Very long day. From Praz I'd also recommend going up to the Bellasta area which is technically in Les Saisies but faces Mt Blanc.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
That’s great. Thanks all. I was concerned that a bus was needed at some stage as map not that clear.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
No bus needed, @Grizzoir, but some of the links are a bit long-winded! Crest Voland is out on a limb - only accessible by ski from Les Saisies (via Chard du Beurre) or bus. Yes, the Bellasta area is good - and from there the connection back to Praz sur Arly doesn't take too long and is very scenic. In fact it's all pretty scenic! The long run down to Hauteluce is good but the two chairs to bring you back up take a while.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy