Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Solo skier in Whistler April 2019

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Planning to be in Whistler April 1st to 19th April 2019. Solo female (early retired but fit) intermediate skier.
Anyone planning to be around on those dates to meet up?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Debbie10, Welcome to snowHeads snowHead
Add yourself to the snowbuddy too Smile
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sorry just miss you. The do have local guiding each day which would give you people to ski with. Details on their website
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks Jake 43. Do you know how I get in touch with them?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Debbie10 wrote:

You just turn up at the light board on either mountain at the allotted time.

A bit useless as the website is not unto date yet ! https://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/explore-the-resort/activities-and-events/winter-activities/free-mountain-tours.aspx I think they started at 11am last year I think (but they dd start at 10"30am previously; maybe it says on the actual board ? Maybe they will fix the website. Send a message to the web contact. The lightboard is between the top of Emerald lift and the Roundhouse, it is huge so hard to miss.

I notice they are offering free halfday avalanche training too.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Marvellous. Thank you!!!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Another couple of tips. There is also that other Skiclub that do run a guide over there most of the time. https://www.skiclub.co.uk/leader-programme?Resort=Whistler&Leader=alan-rawson-1

Also you can try a MAX4 ski lesson or 2 (generally 3days for price of 2) Most people start on the Monday (handy that the best day for you above is Sunday) and you are graded with a maximum of 3 other skiers then at the end of the "lessons" you may have 3 more friends for life. Very chummy place. Its not silly money and good tuition though very light touch. https://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/plan-your-trip/ski-and-ride-lessons/category/products/Adult-Max4-Ski-Advanced-Full-Day
Note level 4 is ok on Black slopes but does not like them (my description - you will get the full info https://www.whistler.com/skiing/ski-school/ability-chart/) if you want to have a gentle time go into "beginners" and ask for upper level3. My cousin skis this every year with no desire to ever do a black ! Note no Red in Canada. She has a great time - whilst we go off and do more miles.

Also worth noting that in Whistler the rating is Green - Easiest, Blue - next and Black hardest, but measured against each other from the top of any lift. Hence there is always some way down from all lifts but some Blues have exciting bits on them; whilst some black runs are actually not too bad. This is the same every where though. Hence the guiding to start with. There are also double black diamond but not with my knees !

Also do talk to people on a lift they are always chatty and most speak a version of English ! Tell them what run you had done and they will tell you what the rest are like in comparison and even point them out from the chair, or the map on the chair's bar on some lifts.

Remember everyone is friendly which is the major benefit to us and helps us keep going back.

Loads of other info on here about Whistler but happy to help if you have a question.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
That's really helpful Jake, thank you so much! Debbie.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Also wondered if this info is of interest.
WB/Vail introduce EMMA electronic assistant, info on lift queues and weather etc. Check out the article in the local paper.
https://www.piquenewsmagazine.com/whistler/meet-emma/Content?oid=12668049
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
That's look good. Will check it out!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy