Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TUI BHX->SZG 6:25am 5th Jan redirected

Poster: A snowHead
Just (21:30) had msg from Crystal that my flight 6:25 tomorrow morning from Birmingham to Salzburg is now going to Linz.

Never heard of it, but can only assume it’s much further from Bad Hosfgastein than Salzburg Confused

I guess it’s better they decide tonight so at least transfer coaches can be in Linz rather than Salzburg tomorrow!

Probably effect some other flights into Salzburg tomorrow too.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@kerb, Flew out of Linz when Salzburg fogged in a couple of years ago. Probably add an hour or so to your coach transfer.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
140Km, 90 minutes or so according to Google. You'll recover a lot of this in the check-in and security process... but then you get to wait around in a (more) minor airport.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@kerb, it looks like some of the charter flights have been moved from Salzburg to Linz. Saturdays during ski season are very busy at Salzburg airport and with heavy snow that would mean delays to clear the runway. I assume moving some of the charter flights to Linz will enable them to keep delays to scheduled services to a minimum.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ah well can’t complain. Probably means I’ll struggle to get an hour or two in the slopes Saturday afternoon. But all the extra snow should make up for it.

But we’d better not be driving past a sunny Salzburg midday tomorrow!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@kerb, the forecast tomorrow is wall to wall snow. I doubt you'll have a fast journey from Linz down to Gastein.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Crystal have tweeted that all their charter flights tomorrow to Salzburg have been redirected to Linz due to forecast of poor visibility - hopefully for everybody flying making the decision tonight means coaches etc will all be in the right place on time. They also suggest bringing extra snacks/water as transfer times will be increased.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bet Innsbruck's going to be a laugh for the next week or so.... rolling eyes

After 2 previous diversions to Munich out of three scheduled landings there, I don't have a good record. Just hoping the weather's cleared a bit by our 13th January INN flight... Confused It's a DIY easyjet job, as opposed to a package, with car hire from Innsbruck. Hmmm....
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Innsbruck appears to be pretty much closed today. Sitting here in Linz with a Crystal “welfare” voucher (worth one dry cheese roll) and no sign of the transfer coaches.

Would feel better if Salzburg arrivals/departures didn’t appear to be running to schedule after all Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@kerb, Salzburg is running as scheduled. I think the decision to move charter flights was to reduce delays from constant snow clearing on the runways and taxiways. Saturdays in the ski season are very busy at Salzburg, so by reducing the number of flights there is a bit of breathing space for snow clearance.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just sat at gate at Manchester to Innsbruck flight. Looks like either a long delay or a divert and long transfer
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@f1l, No flights have landed since 08:20 this morning and most flights are showing diverted or cancelled. You might be lucky and they will reopen the airport but a diversion seems most likely. Unlikely to be Munich as although the airport is running there is a lot of snow and some flights are being cancelled. Suspect you will have a long wait Sad
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We are flying to Innsbruck tomorrow afternoon form Manchester. Hopefully open by then.

Nothing is flying there at the moment!!

f1I any more news?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Edinburgh - Insbruck flight this morning diverted to Vienna
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Innsbruck closed for the day
latest report
no It not there are a few flights landing now and the runway is finally clear.
ski holidays
Yup just landed in Innsbruck. Was bit scary 2nd worst landing ever. Sat on transfer coach waiting for bhx flight that’s just landed
Well done Austrian pilot
snow conditions
Oh..thats good. I read somewhere it was closed for the day
ski holidays
And there’s loads of snow in Innsbruck. Just turning to rain I would estimate about 10 inches of snow at airport Think it be long transfer to cortina
latest report
Quote:

I would estimate about 10 inches of snow at airport

Few airports can cope with 10 inches of snow without major delays - 10 inches of snow can close Geneva for hours. But looking on the bright side - having your departure for a ski holiday delayed because of snow is much better than having your flight home delayed because the snow you've been missing all week has just arrived!
ski holidays
Got to hof gastein eventually. 10 hours after landing in Linz. Coach getting stuck in snow drift then breaking down certainly didn’t help with progress.

No complaints though Madeye-Smiley
latest report
Heard from a mate on his way to Solden yesterday - his flight landed in Slovenia, 14hr transfer from there to Solden via Germany. Sounds absolutely crazy!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy