Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

catered chalet new year

Poster: A snowHead
am thinking of doing a catered chalet with another couple of families..... never done it before always self catering.....

prob need 6 bedrooms, 12 people (6 adults 6 kids)

am guessing france is only option as they tend to do catered chalets or does someone know anywhere in italy or austria.....

with it being new year i would like a high resort (1800m) ideally, ski in ski out a bonus as all kids under 8.....

cheers
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Silverski have just released their prices for next season. They only have a few properties but one may suit your group and the prices seem as decent as you get (for peak in advance). France only for them
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have used

http://www.ice-fire.co.uk/

and

https://www.skiamis.com/

both company`s were very honest about the accommodation and catering, and both went that extra mile when we had problems.

Otherwise try Chalets Direct solutions room. https://www.chaletsdirect.com/forum/category-view.asp
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Don't forget SkiWorld they have a fair range of chalets in Austria and France.

I can vouch for the quality of Chalet Monte Vera in St Anton. Very opulent.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@ajc2260626, Try Chalets Direct. Pop your requirements on the notice board and the owners will come to you. https://www.chaletsdirect.com/
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@ajc2260626, we offer a catered chalet here in Radstadt, Ski Amade, Austria and have hosted many happy snowHead . Take a look at our website www.austrian-adventures.com. We have been here 14 seasons, and have snow and skiing from November apart from maybe a couple of years when it was snowless across all the alps until Dec. hth. Ange Smile

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Fri 3-05-19 6:34; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@flangesax, Sent you a PM.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
flangesax wrote:
@ajc2260626, we offer a catered chalet here in Radstadt, Ski Amade, Austria and have hosted many happy snowHead . Take a look at our website www.austiran-adventures.com. We have been here 14 seasons, and have snow and skiing from November apart from maybe a couple of years when it was snowless across all the alps until Dec. hth. Ange Smile

I can highly recommend this chalet (we were there in February), but I didn’t recommend it here as it isn’t ski in/ski out. However if that is fine - then this option would be great for your party. We found that Parkin at all the lift stations was free, plentiful and driving to the lifts no problem at all.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@flangesax, you have a typo in your url. Sad
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@sj1608, opps, thank you, I've changed it. Ange
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I've done Ski Amis twice now, and just booked again for next Easter. I'd highly recommend them and price-wise, I think they are amongst the cheapest.

They've got some good chalets in Les Menuires, right below the main Bruyeres lift, at the foot of the piste, <100m from ski shop, ski school etc. You can probably negotiate 20% off the list price, as there was a 20% off sale until 2 days ago.

The food is decent with enormous portions, the kids meals in particular were a huge hit (my slightly fussy eaters hoovered everything that was put in front of them). The wine is, as ever with chalet holidays, borderline undrinkable.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
For France and Italy, you may try Mediavacances.com/MediaVacanze.com/MediaHols.com (same website). They are specialized in C2C holiday rentals without commission and have quite a few of self-catered chalets in most resorts.

Main points in my opinion are : quality control, competitive rent prices (C2C + no commission = roughly -15% to -30% saving) and details about lifts and pistes distances.

https://www.mediahols.com/12-person-french-alps-holiday-rentals/c00820000/?typegen=maison
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ski Olympics chalet foret in les Arcs may suit the bill. They have 3 person rooms as well, so if the kids are amenable and the correct mix it may save a room.....
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Try morealps they have catered chalets in Les Arcs, Val d'Isere and La Rosiere, I can vouch for the quality of accommodation and food, good value too.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
am also considering les saises in the space diamant, its at 1600m.... has anyone skied it at new year? it should high enough for snow even if man made.... only kids sloped needed as i wont be doing / much any skiing......
snow report
ajc2260626 wrote:
am also considering les saises in the space diamant, its at 1600m.... has anyone skied it at new year? it should high enough for snow even if man made.... only kids sloped needed as i wont be doing / much any skiing......

Calling pamw....
snow report
@pam w will know much better than I do, but its not an area I would initially choose to go to that early in the season. The best slopes imho are the lower ones in the 'big bowl'. It`s a great resort, but do your homework about 'usual' snow coverage at New Year. Hopefully Pam will be along soon!
snow report
I only need nursery slopes for the kids and at 1600m it’s higher than brevieres so am hoping it would be ok..... a lot easier drive from zeebruge than Tignes where we normally go.....
ski holidays
For high (almost 2000m) and ski in/out I'd recommend Powder n Shine at Reberty (Les Menuires). Seriously good food and drink, true ski in/out and a very short walk across the piste to the ski school kid's meeting point. https://www.powdernshine.com/
ski holidays
get a self catered chalet and hire in a chef. cost wise usually cheaper and you get to control the menu and the quality of wine especially if you are driving down
snow conditions
Valkyrie wrote:
For high (almost 2000m) and ski in/out I'd recommend Powder n Shine at Reberty (Les Menuires). Seriously good food and drink, true ski in/out and a very short walk across the piste to the ski school kid's meeting point. https://www.powdernshine.com/

+1 We've passed it returning from EoSB, looks perfectly located
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy