Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pitztal, Austria

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Fellow snowHeads, anyone know Pitztal, and if so what's going on with skiing from the top station? The following is currently on the resort website https://www.pitztal.com/en/winter/winternews-pitztal-glacier-and-rifflsee which seems to mean that whilst the lift to the top is operating, the runs down from there are presently closed. It's not altogether clear - I can't help thinking that perhaps they want it that way. I've researched this a bit on the web but drawn a blank... Anyone know more? Thanks, AG.

Ok, have got to the bottom of this... Apparently the resort management have widened the very top part of the piste, just below the top station, without the correct authority to do so - they removed, presumably blew-up, a bit of the mountain. Various parties seem to see this as illegal - this is after all in a beautiful mountain region, which is protected by law in some way or another. Thus, some sort of legal situation has arisen, i.e. there's been a legal challenge or something like that, resulting in the higher authorities closing that part of the ski area for now. How long this will remain the case is unknown; could be quite a time if a long drawn-out legal process ensues... Seemingly the work could have been done in the first place had the correct permission been applied for and granted. The lawyers must be delighted.
AG, 11:13, 04.01.18

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 4-01-19 12:11; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Rumour that I heard earlier this year, whilst there for SBX training, was that the proper assessment hadn't been done for the condition of crevasses and now that they had started to fill in with fresh snow the piste couldn't be declared as safe.

Of course this could just be people making wild guesses!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Doofenschmirtz wrote:
Rumour that I heard earlier this year, whilst there for SBX training, was that the proper assessment hadn't been done for the condition of crevasses and now that they had started to fill in with fresh snow the piste couldn't be declared as safe.

Of course this could just be people making wild guesses!

Hmm, sound plausible, thanks Doofenschmirtz. So those pistes at the top are indeed closed then?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think it was just the big central one, served by the gondola. The one on the right served by the long T was very much in operation.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Doofenschmirtz wrote:
I think it was just the big central one, served by the gondola. The one on the right served by the long T was very much in operation.

Doofenschmirtz, I've got to the bottom of this... Apparently the resort management have widened the very top part of the piste, just below the top station, without the correct authority to do so - they removed, presumably blew-up, a bit of the mountain. Various parties seem to see this as illegal - this is after all in a beautiful mountain region, which is protected by law in some way or another. Thus, some sort of legal situation has arisen, i.e. there's been a legal challenge or something like that, resulting in the higher authorities closing that part of the ski area for now. How long this will remain the case is unknown; could be quite a time if a long drawn-out legal process ensues... Seemingly the work could have been done in the first place had the correct permission been applied for and granted. The lawyers must be delighted.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy