Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski route to another resort in France

Poster: A snowHead
Hi there! We are off to Belle Plagne in February and we have friends that are staying in Les Arcs. One is a very good skier, the other three are beginners. Does anyone know if there is an easy way for them to get to us in Belle Plagne and is it far for them if they were to ski there?

Thanks for any advice!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Where are they staying in Les Arcs?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi, the way is easy, I think its possible to do it all by blue slopes. From the Vanoise Express in La Plagne area, there are only three chairlifts and a blue piste and you are in Belle Plagne

The worse is the distance if your friends are in Arc 2000 or 1950. Maybe its far for a beginner to go back and forth that distance in the same day, I think.

From Arc 1800 its only a chairlift, blue piste, Vanoise Express, three chairlifts and a blue piste, and you are there. From the rest of the areas, its a bit further. One or two chairlifts more. It will depend on how the beginners can stand the trip. When you are learning there are other things to have in mind: they will feel fear, will go slower, will get tired more easily than experienced people. If they are brave beginners, its done! Happy

Maybe the worse is the return because the slopes down to the Vanoise Express to go back to Les Arcs will be full of bumps.

If you are good skier, it will be a better idea that you go to Les Arcs.

Tell us what happens finally! Happy Enjoy!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi, they will be staying in Peisey Nancroix. I don’t know the area I’m afraid!
Great info, thank you, Antonio!!! Yes the bumps may not be the best for them! Maybe we’ll meet in the evening for a meal instead!

Thank you.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Peisey Nancroix is where the cable car (Vanoise Express) from the La Plagne area arrives in the Les Arcs area - i.e. the nearest part of the Les Arcs area to La Plagne. So getting to Belle Plagne should be pretty quick and straightforward. After they come across the Vanoise Express it would just be 2-3 lifts and blue runs.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Beginners! Would it not be easier for you to visit them?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
They'll be right next to the Vanoise Express lift that brings them to the La Plagne ski area, so no travelling on their side.

The VE lift crosses a very big valley to link the two areas (LA to LP) so when it closes at end of day there is no connection. By road it's a fair length trip so I doubt any evening connection is practical.

If you head toward the VE then all can meet on either side during the day, skiing for them as beginners is probably best on their immediate slopes as there are some particularly good wide gentle piste available in that area, some of the best at that level in the whole area.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Area sounds handy for the lifts, thank you Frejul!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks Ski3...good tips there, thanks for info about not attempting an evening trip. I think that sounds like the best idea- meeting on either side near VE.
Some of our family aren’t experienced skiers either, Frosty.....we haven’t been for three years! Little Angel
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Suzy2001, I hear you, but the ski to the VE is trickier from the La Plagne side.
Have a great holiday.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thank you
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Here is a map of Paradiski - La Plagne and Les Arcs, you can see the distances and lifts involved..

https://docs.la-plagne.com/Plan_Pistes_Paradiski_Hiver.pdf
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thank you, boredsurfin, husband is having a look at it.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Suzy2001, the slopes above the Vanoise Express on the Peisey side are a good mix of reds and blues which will be fun for all. Asking beginners to make the trek back from Belle Plagne to the VE might be asking a bit much. I would aim to meet and ski on the Les Arcs side of the VE - the ski back to Belle Plagne at the end of the day isn't difficult. As so often, @Frosty the Snowman has it right.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks, Alistair.......think we’ll tell our friends, to not to try to ski to us!! We’ve never skied in Les Arcs so it might be a nice change, if we can make it there!!
snow report
@Suzy2001, not too difficult - if you're not complete beginners. Down to Plagne Bellecote, then up the Arpette lift. Down to the Replat rope tow (possibly the worst bit of the trip). Then down Mont Blanc or Pierres Blanches to the Vanoise Express. Simply follow the signs to Les Arcs but be aware they're a different colour to all the other signs and therefore not obvious. In the morning, before the slopes have got chopped up, it's pretty easy.
snow conditions
We know the Arpettes(great restaurant there!) We’re not complete beginners- it would just be a confidence thing doing new slopes with my daughter and I, but it sounds like we’d be able to do it. I think that’s probably the rope tow we’ve been on before! Thanks for your help
ski holidays
Agree with comments that ski to VE on La Plagne side may be tricky for beginners - there are some pretty steep bits, which can get icy when busy and the final stretch to VE is narrow and packed frequently.
snow report
The trip over in the Vanoise Express can be quite memorable don't forget if you want to go upstairs or downstairs! (There are no stairs in the cable car itself!) The bottom level now has a glass bottom section to see how high up you are.
A few years ago there was a pair of Eagles circling underneath as we passed over - yes its that high!
ski holidays
Quote:

The bottom level now has a glass bottom section to see how high up you are.

Not recommended if you're scared of looking straight down!!!

We always use the top floor - people below will cushion the fall Toofy Grin
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy