Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria advice.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi You could buy this 28 euro for the whole family for a year and covers you world wide

https://www.bergrettung-salzburg.at/english/

this looks the same as the uk one but a lot cheaper.

Although if you have ski travel insurance you should not need it.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@djfletcher, Now that look likes a real winner. Similar to the cover provided by the Austrian Alpine Club. I'll let one of the better German speakers check the small print but I think you're on to something.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
there is a english information here about the insurance

https://www.bergrettung-salzburg.at/fileadmin/inhalte/foerderer/Merkblatt_Bergekosten_Englisch.pdf

We had when we lived in Austria.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@djfletcher, Yes, I read that and the difference I can see is that this €28 offer starts only once you're on the Mountain. It is very bespoke and less cover than the Austrian Alpine Club offer, plus it doesn't say that it will cover things like repatriation costs. Horses for Courses I guess.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
yes it is not an alternative to travel insurance as is the Austrian alphine club one says you still need travel insurance. But it was useful when we lived in Austria and did have have travel insurance.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thank you to everyone on this thread and some others for the general advice and encouragement we got on our first trip to Arlberg. We had a blast. One day poor viz in 6, and 4 were perfect, great snow, excellent food and a great mix of skiing to go at. We loved it all, except Zurs. We just couldn't warm to it, and it was the only place we came across bad lift queues. We couldn't work out why hoardes of folk seemed to be leaving St Anton and Lech to go to Zurs.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@thecramps,
The hordes of St.Anton come through Zürs on their way to Lech!
And before the St.Anton connection (just three years ago), the round (Weisse Ring) Lech-Zürs-Lech was one of the greatest things you could do in all of Austria. Apart from that there are indeed some other very nice pistes in Zürs. Hopefully they will find a solution "to make Lech-Zürs great again" Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Langerzug, There's now the "Run of Fame" to do! Much more exciting/challenging and covers greater piste experience. The old "Wiesse Ring" thing is old-hat!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@skimastaaah you may think so....
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@thecramps, Zürs has some of the best skiing in the Arlberg but is rather an odd spot. What was a very remote (and on occasion very bleak) collection of shepherds huts has been turned into an old fashioned, somewhat charmless, if exclusive, collection of hotels with very limited facilities for non residents (try buying a bottle of water....). Not sure there is anywhere else quite like it in the alps, maybe modern versions exist as satellites of purpose built French resorts. Unless you are staying there it is very much a place to pass through, take in some of the skiing, wait for a lift but ultimately end up elsewhere. Lech, St Anton, Warth and Stuben are all much more attractive places to be. The mountain views and skiing are first rate though.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
There was indeed good skiing in Zürs, but nothing remarkable that we found, and the village itself is pretty ugly.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@munich_irish, I’d agree with all of that, but on the other hand, the Hirlanda does the best kaiserschmarrn I’ve had anywhere. Perfect for a lunch stop but not an overnight.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

There was indeed good skiing in Zürs, but nothing remarkable that we found

@thecramps, Shocked Buy yourself a copy of Andy Thurners guide he'll sort you a few big runs for next time, Zuers has some of the best skiing on and off piste I know.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy